Thursday, 14 June 2007

Bucking and henning...


Image from here
 So I turned 34 the other day. Kind of scary to think that it has already been four years since the night at the playboy mansion...

Birthdays don't really mean that much to me anymore (although I always seem to blog about them, so maybe they secretly do?), although it is always nice to get a few presents and toast another year.

I had laryngitis this year. The never ending virus morphed into another strain and after a lovely weekend at Wiseman's with some friends, I lost my voice. It was a fitting tribute to the world's greatest talker on her birthday. All in all it was a pretty quiet day (excuse the pun).

The weekend away was lots of fun though (I think I touched on this in an earlier post?). I think we have put the two friends who do not currently have children off from having any. There were about 7 children under 3 there and they made themselves known. None more than our very own Nugget who was found at midnight riding the ride-on lawn mower (long story but what does a person do?????).

Apart from that, the grown-ups all got some play time when the kids went to sleep, except Nugget (see above). We have a history of banning boardgames with our friends, due to fights. Risk, for example, is banned. But I hadn't seen the need to ban Cranium before. There have certainly been times when people have gotten a little "Monica" from Friends during the game, but this was something else. Needless to say, I will no longer be condoning Cranium. Looks like we are left with Poker only for games nights.

The other social things that have been happening are R's Buck's party and G's Hen's night. The Geege disappeared for a couple of days at R's function. They tell me they went to the races, then to the pub, then to the Cross, but really, what happens at a Buck's, stays at the Buck's so they could have been up to anything. The Geege came home in the same clothes that he left in and still had all of his pubic hair, so I was happy with that.

G's function was a lovely lunch down at Pyrmont wharf. It was all love and happiness with a good helping of fine wining and dining thrown in. The boys and Geege played at B&R'so that I could feed Doo Dah in the middle of the event (he still won't take a bottle). It all went well, although Doo Dah may have been a touch over 0.05....

4 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Love it - and it has been a few more years since then. I think you hit a certain age and time speeds up.

Salamander said...

Teehee!!!!!! The Geege had all his pubic hair - classic!!! Thanks for the giggle xxxx

Catch the Kids said...

Love the title here. Intriguing. Your "really quiet night" made me laugh. Great post.

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

LOL - "all of his pubic hair, so I was happy". Love it.

Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...