Thursday, 19 July 2007

The rise of Dicky Knees

When we named Doo Dah, before we finalised the choice, we thought about the possible nicknames he might have. We came up with nothing too terrible.

For safe measure, we ran his name by the 8 and 10 year old niece and nephew. Figuring this would be the age of playgroup taunts at their best, if it got past the 8-10 year thought police, we would be on a winner. They didn't come up with anything too rude and obnoxious. Goal!

Nugget has had another idea.

While his language development is very good for a boy of his age, he has some very strange sound substitutions. "n" for "l" is one of them. I have gotten used to "I nike it" and "I nove you Mummy" and even "Nugget Nees".

But his latest attempts at Doo Dah's name have me a little stumped - "Dicky Nees". Who'd have thought that I'd be the parent of Dicky Knees?

Two year olds are priceless.

Has your two year old put their own stamp on their siblings name? Cute? Or Nasty?

5 comments:

So Now What? said...

No. The 4yo does say t for c though. Bad. He does take great delight at calling his brother (Sam) Sam, sam the pram man. My kingdom for no fighting I tells ya. Over From the Fibro.

Bern

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Dickie Knees? It's a perfect name for someone in our family.

x

Mrs M said...

When my daughter was two she used to call her dummy 'bu-now". Couldn't work out how she got that from dummy. Until we realised she was trying to say "bed now"

Visiting from Weekend Rewind

Love & stuff
Mrs M

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL very cute. I loved Dickie Knees.

No but one of my twins did my (.) ...he called breastmilk nilk !
He still says some strange things with some letters.

Here from last week's rewind :)

Cate said...

Meerkat has a very cute way of saying her name which is only about half right (the rest she just sort of makes up), and it is sticking a bit. I suspect we will always hang onto it as a term of endearment :-)
Kids are funny aren't they??
xxxCate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...