Friday, 7 September 2007

I think I may be addicted to Facebook

I seem to be losing a lot of time lately. One minute it is noon, the next 2pm. I have discovered Facebook and it seems that there is an awful lot of time wasting activities to be done there. The people that you find on that site! I have caught up with friends that I have lost track of (which makes me wonder whether they were really friends at all?) I chat to people. Look at photos. Play Scrabble. Philosophise about the world via such applications as Buddhist Thought of the day, the 8-ball and Ask a Question. It really is ridiculous, but I can't seem to stop myself. To make matters worse, today I also discovered Ebay (because I am looking for another high-chair) and that could become a problem too (because I have discovered the children's books area too)! When did I get to be such a computer nerd?

I am back at work. It hasn't been as bad as I expected (it rarely is) but I am not overly excited about things. There seems to be a new pecking order and a whole new team dynamic. I don't seem to fit in at the moment. I will have to bide my time until something new comes along, but in the meantime, I will just keep my head down, see my clients and make the most of the situation. Doo Dah has chosen this week to be sick again, so add some serious sleep deprivation to the mix and life is pretty hard at the moment.

Today is the APEC holiday. George W is in town making ridiculous speeches (eg. calling APEC, OPEC and the Australian troops the Austrian troops). The whole of Sydney has evacuated the city except Geege who is taking tourists around the place in a traffic-free dream. I hope noone decides to bomb the conference...

What I really SHOULD be doing on my day off is my Masters - finishing those last couple of assignments before I complete the degree. But it seems to be too hard to find the motivation to do that. And it's boring. And I don't seem to have any time because I am too busy with Facebook! But I had better go now because I have a couple of Ebay bids I need to check...

3 comments:

TV de Plasma said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

OLED said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Monitor LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...