Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Hoping to be a WW star!

I have been selected as a Weight Watchers (WW) blogger for Kidspot Social!

For those of you who don't know me, I am a 36 year old mother of four kids (3 boys and a girl), all under 5 with a set of twins (turning one on Xmas day). This is a wonderful opportunity for me, so many thanks to WW and Kidspot Social for helping me out! Oh to be slim again!

I have done the WW thing before, and fairly successfully (although never to goal weight). It is an excellent concept. This time though, I have to juggle 4 small children and their individual palates, breast-feeding twins (that has got to give me a few extra points though huh?), and a husband who has just opened a retail business and who is rarely at home leaving me as (practically) a single Mum with very little time to exercise. It will be interesting to say the least! The thought of all of this fills me with a mix of emotions:

1. Excitement, might I actually be able to legitimately focus on myself a little to get myself back on track?

2. Dread, the silly season on a few points a day? Is that possible? and

3. Fear, just how organised am I going to have to be? When am I going to have time to exercise?


So, December 28 is the official beginning to the 12 week program. In the meantime I will be getting down to some intense planning. The thing I remember most about the Weight Watchers program from before is that PLANNING is key. Plan what you buy, plan what you cook and plan what you eat each day. It is a long way from my random approach at the moment so will take a bit of time to get right, but this is what I will be focusing on to start with.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you and hope that some of you will take up the challenge yourselves. Being a Mum doesn't mean we have to be stuck with rolls of extra loving, with large lady undies or, my latest little drama, under-boob chaff (no I didn't know it was possible either). So here's to putting an end to all of that the Weight Watchers way!

*This post was originally written for kidspot.com.au
** Cartoon from cartoonstock.com (used without permission)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...