Thursday, 31 December 2009

New Year's Eve - Bah Humbug!

I'm not sure if you are allowed to Bah Humbug after Christmas, but I am going to anyway. Bah Humbug. I am not a fan of NYE!

Before kids, I used to indulge in the New Year's mayhem. Night clubs, pubs, house parties, music festivals, BBQs, weddings, dinner parties - you name it, I've done it on NYE. As I have gotten older, the nights have generally gotten more nanna-ish, but I was still in there. Staying up late and bringing in the New Year with a few (too many) beverages. But when I think about it. It was just another night. Nothing special really. Well, if you count queueing for hours for a taxi or walking half-way across Sydney to get home because you got so tired of waiting for said taxi that the drunk and disorderly you thought it might be a good idea to walk home instead. In high heels. In the rain. At 3am. You know what I mean? Nothing special.


Since having children, we have had a pretty good excuse to stay at home. 3 out of 4 of the kids were born in late December, so having newborns meant that people wanted to see us about as much as I wanted to go out! This year though, we have had a few invitations and my husband, who is quite partial to a New Years festivity, decided it was time we braved it out again. So we are. We are off to a BBQ at my sister's place. Seven children 5 and under. Ripper Rita!


I am feeling a little nervous about the menu. I have no control over what we are having for dinner and, since it is still Week One of WW, I am still not very well-versed in Points friendly choices. I will be going online (www.weightwatchers.com.au) to do a little research before I go. I have also saved as many Points as I am allowed to (handy that this is an option within the program so you can "save up" for events and festivities during the week), but seeing as I really don't like NYE I am hoping that I can control my intake so that I will not have a blow out! I have worked so hard for the past 4 days and I really don't want today to ruin my chances of a good first weigh-in. Not NYE. The most disappointing night of the year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...