Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Still got my big pants on!


I realised this morning as I was getting dressed that I am still wearing my big lady undies. You know the ones that you get after you have a baby and you are supposed to wear them for a few weeks (while your C-section scar heals)?

Well, I'm still in those.

I'm not really sure how this happened.

Last Christmas I gave birth to twins. They are baby 3 and 4 for me and, as I had already had a couple of emergency Caesars, I had a booked C-section planned for early Jan 09. The babies decided to come a few weeks early, so there I was on Christmas morning with the familiar breathlessness of early labour, thinking 'not today kids'. As it turned out, I had no option but to have the surgery that afternoon and so two Christmas babies it was for me.

The thing is, I was completely unprepared. I didn't even have my hospital bag packed. Some would say I was in a state of denial. I just think I was too busy getting ready for Christmas.

Anyway.

Here's where I segue back to the undies, my husband had to pack and bring in my stuff for my hospital stay. Being a man, he brought in my smallest, sexiest g-strings! Of course, the underwear situation needed to be remedied. I just needed comfort at that time in my life. I needed to bring in the big guns. At least size 20!

My husband sent my sister-in-law to the shops to purchase the post-natal comfort undies. I laughed out loud hearing the story of my then 12 year old niece walking through K-Mart grasping the gigantic undies to her chest while surveying the store for any sign of anyone she knew on the way to the check-out. She was simply horrified at the thought of being caught! Imagine if someone thought they were for her!

And so the undies came into my life. And they offered comfort. Who cares about VPL after you have just had twins?

Which brings me to this mornings little eye-opener. I haven't just had twins anymore. They are almost one now, and yet, the undies are still there. I don't need the 'above Caesar scar' comfort. And yet they are still there. And so I conclude that I think I must like these ballooning undies! Why else would I still be in them? Why else have I steered clear of my low-riders? I may just be a big-pant girl now. Perhaps I will never return to my former underwear habits.

My poor, poor husband.



Submitted for Flog Yo Blog Friday 6.08.2010. Follow the link back to RRSAHM for more flogging action.


rrsahm

3 comments:

Gill@OurParklife said...

This really made me laugh! I, too, had an emergency caesar last December and I am still wearing big knickers AND my maternity jeans...and I only had one baby!

Poor husband, yes, but then again big undies are just do comfy!

Love the pic at the top of the post

Rachel said...

Nothing wrong with Big pants.... I love big pants lol.... even better in winter when its cold...

So Now What? said...

I love my bridget jones massive undies. The husband? Yeah not so much. But care factor. I think now it's time I get to be comfortable, not cut my arse apart with a g-banger. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...