Tuesday, 8 December 2009

The weather really aint helping

So I am supposed to be focusing on shedding a few kegs before Xmas. On Xmas day my twins will be one and that was my cut-off for return to pre-twin pregnancy weight. I still have 2-3 kilos to go (depending on the scales I use) but I just can't seem to make it happen. It is a case of So Close and Yet so Far!

Let me just reiterate by saying this is a pre-twin weight goal I am working towards. There is also a pre-baby 2 weight goal (another 1kg) and, of course, the pre-babies weight goal (I am at least 5 kgs off that!) and the ultimate goal, which is the 5 kilos that I always wanted to lose even before having kids but was having too much fun to. There is much shedding to be done!

I have discovered it is not a good time of year to be trying to lose weight. In addition to the Christmas functions and the 'let's catch up before Christmas' play-dates, there's the weather! It is just too damned hot to exercise! My husband has his own business, so I spend an awful lot of time hanging out solo with my four kids. Exercise has to be something they can do too. Needless to say we normally do a LOT of walking and kicking soccer balls at the park, but in this heat? What's a gal to do?

So I resort to this, a public declaration, to be my motivating factor. I am going to reach my Xmas weight-loss goal and you will be my witness. You will have to trust me when I post my numbers, but I can be trusted. I am a mother of twins and two others. Definitely trustworthy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...