Monday, 22 February 2010

Last Chance Workout a winner!

Wow! A week has passed and I haven't had a minute to write my blog. "What is that I do all day?" I often ask myself. I don't seem to be able to find the time to complete any of my "to do list". There always seems to be a hiccough along the way. With the washing it is always at the fold part. I literally have 4 large baskets of clean washing hanging around my loungeroom all the time. With the dishwasher, it is always the unpack part. I quite like packing the dirty dishes into the dishwasher, but I can never seem to find the time to empty it. With the cooking, the hard part for me is always the thinking of what to make bit. I guess that is where Weight Watchers has been really handy for me. I plan for the fortnight, shop for my "dinner list" and then at the end of each day I just have to select something off the list (instead of plucking something out of my head). It really has been another bonus of this Weight Watchers experience. I highly recommend it!


Today is weigh in day. This morning I was woken at the crack of dawn by Dew Drop who is our only early-riser (groan). He woke the Minx this morning too with his carry-on, so after feeding both of them, I decided I might borrow a concept from The Biggest Loser and head out for a "last chance workout". I had quite a snacky week, you see, and a lovely night out with some friends on Friday night which involved a lot of Tapas and white wine (I didn't even attempt to count after the first couple of delicious mouthfuls!). To balance things out, I have been doing my C25K program (which is interval training 3 times a week) as well as another long walk, but you never feel confident when you just know that you overindulged during the week, do you?


Anyway, where was I? That's right. Last Chance Workout. It was great! Exercising at the crack of dawn is far more pleasant than lying in your bed wishing that your 1 year old boy wasn't such an early bird. I think I am starting to transfer my addiction to food to an addiction to low-grade exercise because I actually miss it on the days I don't do it! Strange! A brisk 50 minute walk, approximately 3 bonus Points, is a fantastic way to start the day.


I weighed in when I got home, after a quick drink. I weighed 77.1kg, down another 1.1kg from last week, and 10.8kg overall. Last Chance Workout was a winner for me this morning!!! The whole Tapas night will probably show up on the scales next week (my sister always reckons it takes a week) so I will need to be very diligent this week (could be tricky with the weekend I have planned )


So we move downwards and onwards... This week's goals are: to complete Week 3 of the C25k, track my Points (I have been getting very slack with this the last 2 weeks), drink 6-8 glasses of H2O per day, and save some Points for the weekend!


What are your weight loss goals this week??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...