Tuesday, 15 June 2010

House Arrest tales - shopping spree

House Arrest Solution #3 - Shopping spree
I don't think I am talking out of turn when I say that I need some 'me' time. With a husband that works six days a week and 4 young children to look after on my own, who wouldn't? Add into the mix children with ill-health and you can imagine how much I crave some time out. The logistics of getting this time to myself is nightmarish to say the least, but after my first week of house arrest, I was prepared to go to the ends of the earth to make it happen. I would escape if I had to.

As it turned out, I squeezed in a quick trip to the shops on Sunday afternoon sans children. I won a gift voucher earlier in the year for my weight loss efforts, thanks to Kidspot.com and Weight Watchers. I have been putting off using it; waiting of course to lose the elusive 'last 5kgs'. But as my recent post reveals, I'm not going there any time soon. It was time to crack the top off the ol' plastic and slip out for some spending. Spruce up the old girl a bit before she has to return to work.

I am not much of a shopper. Prior to my trip at the weekend, I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to the shops for some retail therapy. Four kids and a tight budget cured me of that little affliction years ago. As a result of this my wardrobe is well, um, shall we say, tired. An unfashionable blast from the recent past.

Shopping is overwelming when you haven't done it in awhile. It took me some time to warm up. All those colours and lights and over-friendly sales assistants. It was almost too much for me. I was ready to leave after about 5 minutes of flicking aimlessly through some racks. But I found my stride and managed to bag myself a few bargains before the store closed and I was forced back out into the cold air of winter.

It wasn't a bad way to flit away an afternoon. I think I may have actually enjoyed it :) A heck of a lot more pleasant than being stuck at home with the HFM gang. That pleasure was all my husband's.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...