Wednesday, 23 June 2010

It made my heart sing

We thought we'd try our luck at Mainly Music this morning. On the surface it wasn't much better than the first time we went. Same boring overheads. Same out-of-tune facilitators.

But, it was a morning of surprises. Of heart swelling moments.

I loved watching Dew Drop shake his tail feather with a look of pure joy on his face. A smile that lit up the whole place. A squeal of delight with each new song that was played. Watching other children dancing and copying their moves. Clapping with glee. Absolute confidence. Dancing like no-one was watching.

But I was.

And it made my heart sing.

I loved that the Minx was shy and wanted to sit on my lap. Searching my eyes for approval. Her eyes smiling when she received it. Happily looking on from the sidelines. Watching her twin brother. Smiling at him. Enjoying his joy. Content in her own skin, in her own way.

It made my heart swell.

And I loved that as we walked home, it started to rain. We had our rain gear on. Doo Dah wanted to scoot home in the rain. I took his umbrella and watched as his face tilted up to catch the rain drops on his cheeks. A smile over-ran his face. His mouth openned to taste a few drops too. He took off on the scooter, whooping for joy, catching yet more raindrops on his hands. Singing to himself. Laughing out loud.

I laughed out loud too.

Sometimes this parenting caper can be pretty fabulous.

* Image from http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200702/r126771_456255.jpg

3 comments:

life in a pink fibro said...

Ah. So cute. Go the Dew Drop. He will be tripping the light fantastic for many years methinks.

Maxabella said...

Beautiful post, Coo.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This is such a great post! This parenting gig can be hard, but you really don't have to look hard at all to find so many tiny joys. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...