Monday, 7 June 2010

Looking for windows...

I haven't written much for a while about the whole Weight Loss Journey. This is largely because after the Kidspot/WW competition thing (the journey began here), I pretty much forgot about it. When I say that, I just got on with living life. Equipped with my new habits, running 5km twice a week, drinking skim instead of full-cream milk, swigging diet-cola drinks instead of fatty-boom-bah varieties and having soup or salad for lunch (instead of a sandwich or leftovers), I thought I was set.


I weighed in on Wednesday morning, for the first time in months, and discovered that I have had a bit of a creep upwards on the scales. It is nothing too drastic, but a gain nonetheless. I got that same depressed, sinking feeling that I always get when my weight isn't what I want it to be. I instantly feel fat and ugly. And out of control. After I lost my 12 kilos over summer, I vowed that I would not be going back. I worked so hard and was looking and feeling so much better. That alone, I thought, would be motivation enough to keep me on the wagon. But here I am. Sneaking back into my unwanted territory.


I know what the culprit is.


I am pretty good during the day, but what is it with me and night-time snacking? You can't really snack on junk in the daylight because the 'shadows' (often known as the sea-gulls in our house) are right there. Wanting whatever you have. I don't want them having sugary foods or salty snacks, so I don't have them either. But when they go to bed... that is another story. I start craving chocolate. I try not to buy it, but the Geege likes his chocolate... As he says, "You don't have to eat it." Hmmm... I don't HAVE to but I seem to WANT to.


And when I get right down to it, now that I am being honest with myself, I haven't been running as much as I would like to either. With all the rain we have been having in Sydney, there have only been a few windows of opportunity to step out for a run. I have taken them when I can, but it doesn't always coincide with when my husband is at home. 5kms twice a week has probably slipped to 5km once a week. It is not enough. I have been looking at joining a gym, so I can run and do a Yoga class each week. Might solve the weather problem, but I am not too sure that the budget can stretch to a gym membership at the moment. I will keep looking into it. In the meantime, I will be looking for windows...


So the picture is becoming clearer. Too much food, not enough exercise. The lethal combination for weight gain! So. Here I go again... public declaration #2. I WILL reach my weight goal and maintain it. Anyone going to join me?

1 comment:

Maxabella said...

Big sacrifices = little bottoms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...