Each party held by an Australian follows a basic set of rules:
1. If you throw a party, under no circumstances are you to introduce the guests to each other. The idea is to let people wander aimlessly, feeling left out.
2. You must never have enough food to go around.
3. If you are a guest and brought along a bottle of wine, make sure that you point out what a fine label it is but do NOT share it with anyone.
4. You must remember that men and women are two totally unique species and thus cannot intermix. Men must congregate around a keg of beer or barbeque at one side of the party and women must hover together and make salads in the kitchen.
5. Make sure you leave the party so drunk that you can't remember where you parked the car. Walk around town singing songs from beer commercials.
Does this set of rules apply to Australian parties of today (or is this just my 17 year old self having delusional thoughts again)?
Tune in tomorrow for a guide to Having a conversation with an Australian