Friday, 30 July 2010

Blog Bookmarks - Week Ending 30th July

I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.

There have been a lot of really funny posts this week (well, ones that tickled my funnybone anyway). Angie from Like She's Somebody wrote about Wecantrememberyourdamnname-syndrome. I am a victim of it too, made all the worse by my father's tendency to give everyone silly nicknames that seem to block out the person's real name.

Mama Kat from Mama's Losin' It! did a brilliant piece on a recent trip to the hairdresser, stylised by some smashing '80s hair-cuts.

A Study in Contradictions posted a cute little rather smutty joke that had me giggling. It is a bit like a fart joke but that is about the level I am at these days.

And a blog that always makes me laugh is So Now What?. My favourite post from her this week was on losing her last sanctuary, the toilet. Check it out here.

But in addition to all the laughing, there has been learning too. Problogger did a great post on a topic close to my heart, spelling. If you want to work out when to use accept vs except or affect vs effect, that's the post to nip across to. I have to say it is timely as Sister B and I were just discussing the state of grammar in the blogosphere (well, I was moaning about it and she was scared that I was judging hers!).

Kelly at Messy Freckle introduced me to weheartit, a website dedicated to fantastic pictures (like tumblr or ffffound). I can't wait to borrow lovely pictures from there for use on my blog and I will be trying this out next week. You should too!

But before you do, check out this post by The Stockton Hotel on using proper credits for photos. I know that I should be properly crediting the sources of pictures that I use, but I am really bad at this. Not because  I want people to think the photos are mine (absolutely not that), but mainly because I am too lazy to actually *find* the source. I really need to life my game.

And finally this week, the girls over at Our Park Life have joined the writing team at We heart Life. It was there that I found this fabulous little post on beauty routines. A person needs to look after herself and Carly has written some dailies, weeklies and monthlies for us. Now, if I can just find the time...

What was your favourite post this week?





6 comments:

Gill@OurParklife said...

Oh thanks so much for mentioning us...And yes, I loved Carly's beauty post too - I need help in that department as I am far too lazy to be consistent with my own beauty routines...

Thanks for lots of cool links...I have been trying to figure out the etiquette with using other people's pics so I will be checking out The Stockton Hotel post right now!

Kelly said...

Love your bookmarks, I discover something new everytime!

Carly {Creator of We Heart Life} said...

Thank you so much for the mention of my Beauty Routines post. I only wish I had the time myself to make sure I can get it all done. I am quite bad at the moment, but am planning on starting to do this routine!

Thanks again for the mention! x

Mama Hen said...

Well I have to check these out! Thank you for posting this. And thank you for your sweet comment! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

So Now What? said...

Thanks for the blog love gorgeous lady!!!

I hope I make people laugh a little, otherwise putting out my toileting habits into the wide world of interwebs is a bit embarassing:)

xx

CoffeeJitters (Judy Haley) said...

Oh I love Mama Kat - she's always good for something fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...