Monday, 12 July 2010

Blog Bookmarks - Week ending July 10

Once you start blogging, it generates a life of its own. Firstly there is writing. Then there is reading others' blogs. Then there is commenting. Then there is the 'marketing' of your own posts. The blogging 'lessons' from some of the Blog Masters to integrate. Forums to participate in. The linking of old posts with the new ones.

It could be a full-time job (and is for some).

I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field!

Ingenue Mom (whose blog I love reading) does this fabulous post called "A Little Weekend Reading" each week where she highlights some of her favourite finds for the week.

I am taking a leaf out of her book.

MultipleMum's Blog Bookmarks

To honour Cameron, the lady behind the inspiration, check out her latest A Little Weekend Reading post for some of her favourite finds for the week. In this post she refers to Enjoying the Small Things's post on her daughter which brought tears to my eyes. I went on to read about Nella's birth story and seriously found myself blubbering at the computer. The strength of people in times of trouble never fails to amaze me. Nella is a lucky girl to have such a warm, strong Mum.

Sad, but true, both of my sisters' blogs are on my 'must-read' list. Even if they weren't my sisters, I'd still be loving their work. 

Sister A's blog is a daily highlight for me. Last week my favourite post was We need to talk about Kevin. Expecting her to launch into a political rant about our former Prime Minister (who was recently usurped by a red-headed woman by the name of Julia) I was surprised. That's Sister A for you. Expect the unexpected.

Sister B does an awesome Friday weekly post on the the things she learnt this week. It is a fantastic idea and extremely well-executed. She has a quirky sense of humour and a truly unique take on the world. I've learnt a thing or two from these posts (last week I learnt the inspiration for the term 'Brazilian' - it is not what you think).
Mummy Mayhem has a 'hot' or 'not' segment each week at her blog. It is so 'Year 8' that I love it. Each week she selects a 'male celebrity' and we get to vote on his 'sex appeal'. Join the fun! This week Tom Cruise went under the microscope. It is a resounding 'NOT' from me.

I simply loved OurParkLife's trip down memory lane with their post on Sweet Valley High. If you remember reading these books back in the day, this post will be a welcome reminder of the shenanigans of identical twins, Jessica and Elizabeth.

And finally, I end on a classic.

One of the biggest blogs in the entire world is Zen Habits. I have been poking around in it for weeks and I have barely touched the sides! The creator, Leo Babauta, is a father of six, a writer, a vegan, a runner, an ex-smoker, and an organisation convert (already interested aren't you!). This blog is insane. Start here if you want to take a look at the site, but be warned... you could lose days of your life in there!

What was your favourite post this week?


4 comments:

Angie said...

I'm gonna check out Zen Habits, but you've got me a little nervous about it...will I make it out?

Maxabella said...

Thanks for the lovely blurb on my own post!This is a fantastic idea for a weekly wrap up and I loved checking out your bookmarks to see where they took me. Zen Habits is amazing, you're right!

Hope week 2 at work is better than week 1!

life in a pink fibro said...

Great idea! And thanks for including my bookmark.
My favourite post this week was over at one of my favourite blogs - http://deerbaby.blogspot.com. She wrote about an incident on the No 5 bus. Like most stuff she writes, it was amazing.

MultipleMum said...

Hey thanks for the heads up on Deer Baby Al. I will check out the post with interest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...