Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Too much soup is, well, too much

I did five days of the seven day 'Kick Start' diet. I started out so enthusiastically last Saturday. Soup! I love soup!

But the soup did me in. Too much soup is, well, too much I guess.

The truth is that I ran out last night (I did get through two mammoth-sized pots of it) and I simply cannot even fathom making another batch of the stuff. The smell alone could send me to the nuthouse!

To make matters worse, I have never felt so damned hungry. Hungry to the point of shakiness and sweats! Tummy grumbles in meetings. Headaches in the evening. Horrible.

It is a terrible diet!

I weighed myself this morning and I did lose 1.5kgs. In five days (explains why I have been ready to eat the arm off a small baby! My body is practically eating itself.)

I will return to my sensible eating plan, but stay 'low-carb' (no bread, no white rice) for the next 2 days (in honour of the Kick Start). Back to the principles of Weight Watchers and "Food Rules" .

This experience just reinforces to me that the most enjoyable way to lose weight (did I just write 'enjoyable' and 'lose weight' in the same sentence?) is slowly.

Eat less + move more

There's no 'quick fix'.

Sad but true :(

What is the craziest 'diet' you have tried?

5 comments:

Maxabella said...

:(

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I have to be careful that I eat enough in a day. I know that sounds crazy...and don't get me wrong, I could easily polish off a pint of ice cream! But when I'm trying to drop a pound or two, my approach is to go low fat and exercise. I really have to think hard to get enough calories, or I think my body goes into starvation mode and hangs on for every last cent!

Kelly said...

Eat less, move more so true and sounds so easy! But why can't I do it? I really enjoy reading your blog, its on my daily reading list!

Asashia said...

That's why I couldn't stick with South Beach! If I had to eat one more egg, I thought I would turn into a chicken!
Eat less, move more---my new mantra!

Mama Hen said...

Thank you for your comment! Yeah, soup may not be the way to go. It is only something that can last for a short while. We need to find something that we can stick to. I don't like to call it diet, but getting healthy! I hope you do well! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...