Friday, 13 August 2010

Blog Bookmarks - Week Ending 13th August

I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.

Well, after last week's paucity of political banter in the blogosphere, I discovered I was just not looking hard enough. I found this blog by Grog and he has been doing a daily update on the Election 2010. He is good. A real find for this little bunny.

I really liked a post by The Mummy Autobiography on how her children make her feel. Really feel. My kids certainly do make me remember I am alive! The joy, the love, and the torture (aka sleep deprivation). They are all there on a whole new level once you have had children.

I found the twin-Mummy blogger world particularly interesting this week. One of my favourites, MandyE from Twin Trials and Triumphs did a post on labelling children which I found thought provoking. It is so easy to compare your kids when they are the same age. Really easy. I always find myself thinking "she's better with words, but he's more sociable" or "she's a better sleeper than he is" . Have you heard of the self-fulfilling prophecy MultipleMum? Stop right now!

And then, over at Multiples and More, they featured a family that made my situation (4 kids in 4 years) seem like a walk in the park. Kim from, Multiple-y Blessed, has two sets of twins and one other child. She gets a big thumbs up from me for not being the latest admission to her local mental health institution. Instead she is thriving and seemingly loving her life. Go Kim!

Something light-hearted: Jemikaan did the cutest post about kissing (featuring Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy from In the Night Garden).

And something deep: Melissa from The Things I'd Tell You reminded me that tragedy is all around us with her post called Reminder. Something as simple as changing a nappy can trigger memories that we'd rather forget. My heart goes out to her. What a brave, brave woman.


And the last Blog Bookmark (but not least this week), is from Megan from Writing Out Loud who wrote about her experiences camping with children. Now this is a topic close to my own heart. I now need to amend the post I did earlier in the year to include 'not taking white clothes'. An excellent observation Megan!


What was your favourite post this week?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

One of my favorite posts for this week was written over a week ago but I only got round to reading it this week... it comes from a log about adoption and they have just brought their son home from South Africa .... I did in fact cry it was so touching ....
Have a wonderful weekend

Maxabella said...

Great round up - I loved the camping post too. I haven't visited the others so I'll try to find time to go by and see. x

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for the bookmark! :)

I enjoyed the Mummy Autobiography post...very well said.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Megan said...

Thanks so much!! Glad you enjoyed it - I had fun writing that one! Off to look at your other suggestions too... :)

Jen said...

Thanks for including me in your blog bookmarks :) . I will check out the other blogs which I haven't already read that you have suggested too now :)

katepickle said...

great link list!
I'm off to read about labelling as we've had some cometition issues in our house recently.

x0xJ said...

thanks so much! I feel honored you liked my post so much to link your readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...