Saturday, 7 August 2010

Blog Bookmarks - Week Ending 6th August

I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.

Firstly, Good Golly Miss Holly said it best this week when she gave Giselle Bundchen her Testa del Pene award for Giselle's inappropriate comments about making breastfeeding a "worldwide law". Now I am all for breastfeeding, but Giselle, that is one of the least sensitive comments I have heard in a long time. The fact that this occurred during International Breast Feeding week makes it even more regretable if you ask me.

Not Drowning, Mothering  had her usual hilarious take on the matter.

I came across a few pieces I liked with a common theme of love.

1. Kylie from A Study in Contradictions wrote a post called love is about all the sweet things that the love in her life does to show her he loves her. It is really cute and made me smile.

2. Melissa from The Things I'd Tell You detailed the most tender moment between herself and her son that was so personal; filled with longing and love and heart-break. I was genuinely moved and shed a tear reading this aptly titled post.

3. A guest blogger on So Now What? posted a story about the cost of love. The demise of a love affair is never a pretty story but this is very well told and made me sad for the state of humanity.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find much to read this week about the upcoming Federal Election, but I did like the passion in the post by This Growing Life called decisions, decisions about why her vote is important. I am usually very politically active and the current trend of the polls frightens me. I may just have to put together an 'opinion post' this week (I am supposed to for my 31DBBB anyway). We'll see how brave I am feeling...

My favourite 'blog tip' post this week was on Problogger (surprise, surprise!). It was about building your blog's voice.

My favourite 'funny' of the week was by The Mummy Autobiography where she realises the only person, other than her husband who gets to see her naked is...her beautician.

What was your favourite post this week?





3 comments:

Gill@OurParklife said...

Thanks for some more great links!

hmmm my favorite post this week? Probably was over at life's little whispers....jess mentions a few different "celebrity" mums and their often insensitive words on motherhood.....have a read...

http://mothermejess.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-cant-help-but-notice-irratating-trend.html

Kristy said...

You have selected some great works there. Since I started blogging I have never felt so inspired in my life. Isn't it great?? Thanks for the follow, will follow you! Oh, my fave post of the week would also have to be the guest blogger at So Now What. She guest blogged there because she didn't want her husband to see the post. I don't think she'd mind if I told you that it was Wanderlust. Do you read her already? If you want more of her (she is a talented writer!) you can find her at wanderlustlust.com (yes, 2 lusts).

MultipleMum said...

@Gill - thanks for the link. I do follow Jess but hadn't reached that post yeet. It really is awesome!

@Kristy - Inspired? Yes indeedy! The collective brain is in overdrive in the blogosphere. I thought it was Wanderlust but I wasn't sure if she was saying! It was a great post and she is a fabulous blogger. Thanks for the follow and welcome to my world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...