Friday, 27 August 2010

I am such a joiner!

This week I have been busy joining in Challenges all over the internet. Like I have time? Like I don't have enough to keep track of?

There is just something about a personal challenge that makes me want to join in! I join Clubs too, but that is another story.

So here are the 3 (yes, three) challenges I will be busying myself with over the next 4 months.

1. Half of Jess is hosting 'Drop Dead Gorgeous by December'. It is all about weight loss and accountability and as you know, I'm all for that. I will send her my first update on Sunday. Click here for the details.

2. Science@home is helping people participate in the Carbon Futures challenge. This is about mapping your carbon footprint over a three week period. I couldn't help myself, so I joined up (it started on Monday 23.08) and now find myself doing daily quizzes about my water, electricity and transport use.

3. Kludgymom  is running a Back to School, Back to Blogging virtual course. It will start on September 12, so if you are keen to work on your blog, it might be something you are interested in too? She will be doing a different 'topic' every week for six weeks. There are assignments and pre-reading, so it could be a bit of a commitment. But I figure, what have I got to lose?

This will be keeping me pretty busy and will probably spill into the content of my blog at some point so I thought I may as well keep you all in the loop.

Are you a joiner? What 'Challenges' are you participating in at the moment?


PS: That is my best handwriting ever! So, desperate for a haircut (I look about 105 in this self-portrait. Ugh!)

11 comments:

Maxabella said...

You have time for this, when?!

You know me. Soooo not a joiner. But I'm going to click over to the Jess weight loss challenge because I'm doing well on my own and I think I'm really doing it this time.

x

Kelly said...

They all sound like great challenges. I'm short on time at the moment, but yes please keep us informed on all you do :)

Kelly said...

P.S great self portrait, your gorgeous!

toushka said...

good luck with those! I might join in on the back to school back to blogging one.

looking forward to hearing about it all.

Nadiah said...

Joining a challenge? I think I'm going to set my own challenge of learning how to make a web site look nice. Everyone else's blogs look beautiful, and it makes mine feel a little "blah".

Christie said...

You find the time when it's things you are passionate about, good for you! It will be interesting to see how your carbon footprint maps out.

spayskdet said...

I am now updated. Can't believe I've just absorbed a month of you (& many others thanks to you). A couple of hours of joy & much the wiser.

PartlySunny said...

So in all you "spare" time, you should write up something for my new website, "World's Worst Moms." You have four kids. You must have messed up at least once!:)

http://worldsworstmoms.com

life in a pink fibro said...

I am smiling. You are such a joiner. In a good way. x

myshoeboxlife.com said...

Go you!! :-) I'm definitely a joiner - right now I'm doing the Couch To 5k running program with a few other lovelies from Twitter. It's the most motivated I've been in such a long time to get fit. Oh, and I saw both the David Gillespie Sweet Poison books yesterday - are they a good read? xx

Lori @ RRSAHM said...

Hello there you!! I'm suck at joining. My airy fairy head likes a challenge, but only ones where I'm accountable to myself so if I stuff it up no one notices :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...