Sunday, 12 September 2010

Blog Bookmarks - Week Ending September 10


I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.

I really enjoyed a few of the 'weight loss' posts I read this week. As you may remember, I am having another go at "finishing the job" with my post-twins weight reduction program so I have been checking out the adventures of others like me who write a bit about losing weight. These were my favourites:

Fat Mum Slim's The Dress that Never Was
Suger Coat It's Clearing the Mind/Shrinking the Ass
Good Golly Miss Holly's The F word

It is absolutely shocking what some women do, all in the name of 'beauty'. Jodie from Mummy Mayhem did a fabulous blog post on Heidi Montag's post-plastic-surgery body.  I tend to agree with Jodie that Heidi was doing pretty well for herself prior to going under the knife and now? Well, if over-inflated boobs and lips are your thing than I am sure you will be impressed. Me? Not so much.

Speaking of over-sized breasts...
Pink Patent Mary Janes has been fuelling my lady crush on Christina Hendricks lately and this cute little post may be the beginning of yours: Bridal Party Perfection. If you don't read PPMJ, you are missing out! She drops regular snippets of prettiness into my google reader and I thank her for that.

Mrs Woog from Woogsworld hosted Not Drowning, Mothering and together they get my funny Award of the week with a classic post on, none other than, the humble merkin. I know, I know. Some things should not be spoken about but this really is amusing.

Veronica from Sleepless Nights gets my top blogging tip of the week with How to make blogging easier. Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best!

That is it from me.

Now. You tell me. What was your favourite post of the week?







3 comments:

Gill@OurParklife said...

YAY for Blog Bookmarks!Got to agree on PPMJ....I love her cute and pretty posts...they inspire me to look for the beauty in everything!

My fave posts this week?

EcoMilf
http://ecomilf.blogspot.com/2010/09/baby-gifts-acorn-babies.html

Help! Mum
http://www.helpmum.com.au/652/to-my-mum-on-her-birthday/?

And at the risk of sounding like a suck up, I really did love your Sleep/Feminsit Issue post earlier in the week!

Veronica said...

Thankyou for the linky! I'm glad you liked the post :-)

Kelly said...

What are you doing to me, these blogs are awesome and I don't have much room to follow anymore. This is my favorite post from the week: http://littlefistsworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/way-things-are.html#links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...