Monday, 20 September 2010

The Bridge Run 2010

The Sydney Running Festival took place yesterday.

I did the 9km Bridge Run. All the way without a pause.

The Cliffy Young shuffler pulled a 65 minute time.

Happy to have made it (can't you tell by the look of sheer delight on my face in this picture?)

Happy that my 3 weeks of cold and 'flu did not deter me (although I may have left my left lung in Lane 4 of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Sorry if you tripped on it.)

Happy that the Geege and I did it together (although his time was closer to 55 mins).

I learnt a lot about running during the race. Things like, black T-shirts and crisp Spring mornings are not a great combination. And drinking when running really does give you a stitch. And I probably shouldn't have had a couple of glasses of wine the night before a race. And some women really do wear make-up all the time (even when they are running). And there is a thing called 'glamour running wear'. The important things about running.

So where to from here?

I'm totally up for the next challenge. I think there is a 10km run in November that I could train for. But that will do me, distance wise. While there seems to be a trend that every man and his dog needs to complete a marathon or a half marathon (Pikermi). This old duck aint buying into it.

There is only so much shuffling this gal can do.

Did you take part in the festivities? How did you go? Maybe next year?

11 comments:

Maxabella said...

Brilliant! I don't mean to sound condescending or big sisterish or anything when I say that I am SO proud of you!!!!! x

Kelly said...

That's fantastic, you go girl! Sadly running isn't my thing, but I admire anyone that does it.

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Hurrah for you!!! I did the Bridge Run a few years ago and it was such an amazing experience - but I was happy with that. I never thought I'd run one metre, let alone 9 kilometres.

Well done and enjoy your recovery x

life in a pink fibro said...

Hooray! You're a legend. You may possibly be the only Tait ever to have run that far, all at once, without stopping. Genius. Now go get you some glamour running wear. Sounds as though you're going to be needing it.

BabyMac said...

That is AWESOME. I so want to be a runner! One day I may just get my act together. Well done :)

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

WELL DONE GIRLFRIEND! So proud of you and your amazing effort :)

Rebecca said...

That is soooo awesome! I am so jealous of anyone who can run, but not of the black t-shirt and sun combo...you can have that! Congrats!!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Wow...that's awesome! Congrats on your race!

I was running more regularly during the summer, but it's getting dark here much earlier now, so I don't like to go out after the girlies are in bed. And I just can't run much distance with the jogging stroller.

Do you ever run with your pram? (And did I use that term correctly?) :)

Kamarine said...

That's fantastic! :)

Though.. Glamour running wear?! I'm kind of imagining lycra with sequins.

Lucy said...

Oh well done well done well done! Did it feel brilliant to have just done it?

I am envious - I really want to do that run......

Anonymous said...

Servicing your air conditioner regularly will preserve your energy prices down. The far better your air conditioning unit is running, the much less resources it'll use, thus, saving you moeny on energy bills. It truly is also wise to maintain your unit often rather than pay big repair charges when it finally breaks down. A service call is very much cheaper than a replace the unit call. [url=http://www.acrepairexpert.com] AC service Phoenix[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...