Monday, 13 September 2010

The pea turtle

The other day, Doo Dah was taking his usual sweet time to eat his dinner. I have posted before about the joys of our dinnertime routine.

Anyway, I was busily going on about "this is the third time I have asked you to sit down, you'll be off to the thinking spot, blah, blah, blah" when I heard him say: "Look Mum!"

As I put on my best cranky face, he continued with, "I have made a turtle out of my peas".

Despite myself, my eyes were drawn down to his plate and 'lo and behold, I found myself face to face with a rather perfect looking pea turtle.

It made me smile. Melt. Defuse.

Geez it is hard to stay cross at someone as gorgeous as he is!

What's a Mum to do?

9 comments:

Jasmine said...

Kids. They know how to get around you. Dardo did something like that to me the other day; I was trying to get him to sit still so I could get him in his pjs, but he kept prancing around and I was losing my patience. And then he reaches up and starts lightly tickling me, the same way I do to him when he's cranky.

life In A Pink Fibro said...

I love a pea turtle. He's too cute. But the frustration levels of the eating thing are also something I understand. Sigh. Motherhood.

Maxabella said...

So cute! A pea turtle!

I guess the next step is to say "and are you going to be the giant shark and just eat that pea turtle right up this minute?" Or something. ?

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I don't ever remember reading in those parenting books how you're supposed to maintain a straight face with some of your children's antics. I swear, they drive me nutso at times, but they're so darn cute! :)

Tenille said...

There's naught a mother can do in the face of extreme cutekidity but cave and enjoy it.

Kelly said...

aww, thats adorable. Immpossible to stay mad when that happens.

Nadiah said...

I just tell mine: Don't play with your food unless it plays with you first!

myshoeboxlife.com said...

That's so cute. I'm guessing it wouldn't work to suggest that eating the peas would mean there was a turtle in his tummy? ;) I have bad memories of eating cold peas as a child. Eventually I realised if I swallowed them whole I couldn't taste them!

Kathleen said...

So sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...