Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Blog Bookmarks - The B2SB2B Edition

I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.

This week in B2SB2B we have to honour our engaged readers. Those people who comment and form our blog community. I thought that I would use my Blog Bookmarks format to highlight my favourite recent post of some of you who read my blog regularly (based on the number of comments you leave).

In order to cull the list a little, I have left out my sisters (Life in a Pink Fibro and Maxabella loves...), anyone on my blog roll and anyone else with whom I correspond directly (no less in love with you, it's just that you know it already :). If you lurk and I don't know you, or if I have left you out. I apologise. You are no less worthy, I am just crap like that. Feel free to leave a comment and plug your own blog!

So here goes.

First, meet Kate from Picklebums. Hers is a gorgeous little blog about living with three kids on a farm in country Victoria. She recently lamented the loss of September in Down Hill from Here. I have to say that I seemed to have blinked and missed September this year, so I can totally relate to this post.

And there is Tenille, whose catch-cry on her blog Help!Mum is: It helps to know that someone else is just as confused as you. And it does. Don't you think? My favourite recent post of Tenille's is a heart wrenching one called In a Perfect World. You will need your tissue box for that one.

Not to forget, x0xJ (not sure that that is her real name!?) from The Mummy Autobiography, whose blog title I covert. She recently did a piece on boardgames that I found great. As a boardgame lover, I am a little confused how she could have married a man not *into* boardgames, but apparently things are working out okay for them.

And to round things out, I want to highlight a couple of  fairly new editions to And then there were four, Posie Patchwork and Frog Goose and Bear.

Posie is a fellow twin Mum of four within four years and is an arty/crafty type (same, same but very different to me!). She blogs about her kids, her brave soldier husband and her work and you can read a lot more about her in her Hello 200 Followers post.

Frog Goose and Bear (the names of her children) writes a cute blog that is all fab finds and craft and great photos and like a big hug. You will get a feel for it with her Fairy Gardens post.

And that is it for this week, dear readers.

What was your favourite post from one of your readers this week?

14 comments:

Gill@OurParklife said...

these were some of my fave posts too! I loved the fairy gardens post and the boardgames post....And I always enjoy reading Tenille's words...but yes, she is good at getting the tears going! And the laughs though too...

Now I better get over and read Picklebums post as it is the one i seem to have missed....

Gill xo

Nadiah said...

My favourite blog post was by Kim of Flufflepot - she's an artist and a rather groovy one at that. Check out this gorgeous jungle scene she created:

http://flufflepot.com/2010/09/a-bit-of-this-and-that/

Pretty darn cute, huh?

MultipleMum said...

That is seriously cool Nadiah! Life's coincidences are always amazing aren't they. The thong story gave me goose-bumps in a do-do-do-do sort of way. I haven't been over to Flufflepot before. Thanks for sharing :)

Frog, Goose and Bear said...

What a pleasant surprise to see my blog there with such lovely words - I am so touched - you've made my day - thanks!! Thanks for the links to some great new blogs - I'm off to check them out now...

emma

katepickle said...

Thanks for the lovely link... I've so enjoyed getting to know your blog over the last few weeks :)

x0xJ said...

Ha! Not my real name but 'J' is my first initial.
Thanks so much for the plug. It is extremely appreciated.
And honestly it is hard that he hates them so much. I really just have to con everyone else i know into playing with me whenever i can, which isn't often at all.

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh thanks so much for your kind mention, so we're very different are we, i'll have to stay tuned. Love that your sisters blog, I read both of their blogs too (well new to all 3 of you really) & enjoying the ride. I'm in Maxabella's suburb right now, at my parents' house for the weekend. I'm waving!! Love Posie

MultipleMum said...

You do craft Posie! That is our main difference :) Hope you enjoy Snives. Maxabella is up the coast living it up on holidays!

Not Just Another Jennifer said...

I completely relate to being a boardgame lover married to a man who won't play. :( Boo. Though I have gotten him to play Words with Friends on our iTouches - it's basically Scrabble. I just need all boardgames to be available digitally, and he might be more inclined to play. :)

Great list! I'll have to check all of those blogs out!

L. Eleana Johnson said...

I like how you featured your favorite posts. I love boardgames, so I've definitely got to check that one out!

Maxabella said...

I missed this post back in October so I'm glad you rewound it!! It's a very interesting post in retrospect. x

Seana Smith said...

Hello, visiting from the Rewind, your blog is a lovely eway to spread some bloggy love. I must go over and check out the twin mum's one... but first better sort out my own twins who are rebelling against their mother's distraction.

therhythmmethod said...

This post is a great example of how close our little bloggy community is. It's always good to share the love. And I'm always interested to read what other people enjoy reading.

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I love your bloggy bookmarks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...