Monday, 25 October 2010

Notes to Pete

Image credit
You reminded me of Falstaff, with your depth of character and roguish ways.

You were full of life and laughs; no-one could miss your presence, that's for sure.

We will sadly note your absence

I felt like I experienced what it was like inside your brain, when we had lunch in your office last week. All the post-it notes, comics and articles strewn all around. I thought "what a crazy disorganised soul", something you probably picked up from your clients. But perhaps like everything else you did, you just had your own way.

You'd roar onto level seven, chatting away to all and sundry, ranting about the parking issues and swearing about the latest injustices in the world. Who is going to take up your causes, Pete? Who has the passion and drive that marked your personality?

There will be a vacant seat on the Central Coast train, at whatever ungodly hour you used to travel. Your fellow commuters will notice your absence and wonder what happened.

I didn't know you long, but you always brought a smile to my face. I loved that you were so indignant; so ready for a fight. I feel terrible now that I didn't interrupt my phonecall last Tuesday to say a proper goodbye to you. Instead I just mouthed it and waved, thinking it was just another day.

Fare thee well old chap, as you find the answer to the 'what's next' question.

Rest in peace.

I am dreading going into the office tomorrow morning and seeing your empty space.

6 comments:

JANE said...

Oh, goodness, MM. What an affecting post. J x

Gifts of Serendipity said...

It would be nice to think that all who love Pete will be able to take comfort in all the positive ways that he touched the lives of others.

Reading this poignant post, it seems like he had a positive and powerful effect upon you...this is a beautiful and very sad piece.

x to you dear friend,

Felicity

Tat said...

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like he touched others and he lived a life worth living. This is what we can all hope for in the end.

Yvonne said...

Lovely note.

life in a pink fibro said...

I missed this yesterday. Gave me goose bumps. Vale Pete.

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

What a beautiful tribute x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...