Thursday, 4 November 2010

Happy 6!

It was my wedding anniversary on Sunday, 31st October (while I was on my little blog-cation).

After indulging in a three-course gourmet meal (great for the Weight Watcher!) with my handsome husband on the Saturday night, we had a gorgeous day with our little tribe down at Wiseman's Ferry. Swimming, walking and having a picnic. It was blissful.

I know I have confessed that I am an under-celebrator, but I absolutely loved our wedding day. I didn't LOVE planning it (way too many details for me), but the day was perfect. Our anniversary is one day each year available to indulge the fabulous memories and I must admit that I spent the whole day with a smile on my face.

Our wedding took place on a beautiful but extremely windy Sunday afternoon on a cliff-top on the Northern Beaches.

Here we are exchanging rings. As you can see, I was about 18 weeks pregnant. A maternity bride! How shocking?

It was so much fun! Family. Friends. Frocks. Music. Dancing. Great food. Celebration. Cupcakes. And an overwhelming sense of belonging, love and support. I wouldn't change a single thing about the day (except maybe inviting TICH's 'new' girlfriend of a couple of months because she is still his girlfriend and the sweetest thing. Who knew?).

I remember lying awake the night before the wedding, looking out at the full-moon over the water and thinking that tomorrow was going to be the beginning of my new life. With my best friend in the world. What could be more exciting?

Happy days.

What do you do to celebrate your wedding anniversary?

15 comments:

Nadiah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for letting me know about the new location, I've updated my Google Reader accordingly.

It might be a bit strange, but we don't celebrate a wedding anniversary. As I like to tell my friends "we just got married for the visa (to the Czech Republic)", which is kind of true, but doesn't really explain the decade we spent together previous to that and the baby I was carrying in my belly at the time :-)

We do celebrate birthdays though. This month I turn 30, and I got Fable III from dear husband for my birthday. Because I'm a grown-up like that.

DancingInTheRain said...

Such a lovely post - made me wish I was there, sounded so joyful! Happy anniversary!

life in a pink fibro said...

Aw so sweet. Updating my reader. x

The Clip Cafe said...

:-) I was a pregnant bride too!

Maxabella said...

You're back from your blogcation, yayness!!

We get tired and do nothing (apparently). But theoretically we always go back to Le Kiosk at Manly Beach for a meal and a bit of nostalgic romance. x

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, I love this shot - what a beautiful location for a wedding - and a gorgeous couple. Happy anniversary!

We tend to celebrate the anniversary of when we met rather than our wedding. Next year we'll be in France for the 19th anniversary of when we first locked lips - I imagine french bubbles will be involved in celebrating that one.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Happy anniversary! And what an awesome location for a wedding!

We had our wedding in an old antebellum mansion, just off the campus of the university. It was really small and mostly informal, but it fit us really well.

On our anniversary, my hubby and I always kid about our vows. I tried to get him to practice, but he didn't want anything to do with it. When the preacher asked Hubby to repeat after him, I am quite sure he'd never heard some of those words! He was concentrating so hard to follow! HA!!! (See, he should have listened to me! An early lesson, huh?!) :)

Bush Baby said...

Congrats Coo!!
I'm glad you had a wonderful day & hope there are many more days, weeks, months and years to come!
XX

Posie Patchwork said...

Happy Anniversary!! We tend not to celebrate as so far my husband has been away for 11 out of 13 wedding anniversaries so far!! We celebrate every other day - we're extremely close, it's just a day. Ditto for birthdays, not under celebrating, just making the most of the days when handsome soldier is around with the children!! Have a blast, love Posie

Tat said...

Happy anniversary! Great to have you back from your blog-cation.

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversay! You made such a gorgeous bride. What a sweet pic!

Reuben and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversay next month. We usually plan a weekend away without the children. But this year we are going to the U2 Concert so we won't be going away.

Busy Working Mama said...

Happy anniversary! We had our 6th on 8.28 :)

therhythmmethod said...

You win the prize for making me tear up! This has been a big blog hop for me, but you my dear, are the first to make my nose sting and my eyes water.
Beautiful bride with a gorgeous bun in the oven. x

Liss said...

That view looks familiar! Looks wonderful as do you!

I'm quite an under-celebrater too when it comes to me - love lavishing it on others though - not sure what that means... anyhoo.

Our anniversaries are never really celebrated with gifts - we usually nominate something for the garden together and look through our photographs and count ourselves very fortunate and lucky we found our 'one'. (gosh that's a bit soppy isn't it..?)

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I loved your wedding. It was fun and casual and glam and gorgeous. No under-celebrating there at all.

Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...