Monday, 22 November 2010

Random act of kindness

Image Credit
My husband went to a full-day Buck's party on Saturday. Needless to say, he was in no state to drive by the end of the night so he caught a cab back from the city (it is about 30km to our place so I truly do not want to know what that little extravagance set us back!). His car was left near a train station in the inner North Shore.

Yesterday afternoon, the family packed into the VW and headed off on a little road trip to retrieve the Geege's car.

It started out well. We had a lovely game of I-spy. And then, out of the blue, Dew Drop had a massive vomit. We pulled over, cleaned up to the best of our ability, stripped him off and, once some colour had returned to his face, we continued on our mission.

We arrived at Daddy's parked car without further ado (we think he must of suffered car sickness because there has been no further problems) and Nugget and I promptly jumped into the small car and followed the rest of the family back up the highway.

When we were a little way into our journey, I realised that Nugget's car door wasn't properly closed. We had a couple of attempts to fix it but, due to a pesky child-lock, we had no success.

We pulled up at a red traffic light. We had one more unsuccessful attempt and I was taking off my seatbelt to race around to close it, when from seemingly nowhere a lady quickly opened and closed the door for us.

I turned my head long enough to see her jump back into her people mover packed with at least four kids of her own. I mouthed 'thank you' as we both drove off in the traffic.

Random act of kindness.

Totally made my day.

Did you have any nice little surprises at the weekend?

14 comments:

Rachel said...

This took me a minute to thing about and then it came to me...yes there was a random act of kindness this week.... the neighbor came over with a wheel barrow so my husband could get more wood moved faster... note to self buy a wheel barrow for this time next years...but thank you Mr. Neighbor the wheel barrow sure did help

Maxabella said...

The Minx left me a nice little surprise at about 3pm on Saturday... does that count?

I don't think Dew Drop was well on Saturday - I didn't have a chance to speak with you when you collected them, but he was a big off all day. A bit hot, a bit off his food, a bit lethargic. x

Maxabella said...

Yay, TWO HUNGIE!!! x

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

It's those little things that remind you, despite our flaws, that humanity on the whole is good-hearted.

I can't think of any random acts of kindness from this weekend exactly, but we did have a nice surprise this afternoon. It was warm enough today to take the girlies for an afternoon yogurt snack, and we were able to sit outside. We got to enjoy a nice little brass ensemble playing Christmas music for the shop next door. What a nice surprise! :)

DancingInTheRain said...

Mardi and Pa had the older girls for a sleepover on saturday night so we would have a break and then my dad offered to take them to luna park so we could get christmas shopping done on sunday afternoon. A very kind weekend!

Our Park Life said...

what an awesome thing to do! It's these little things that turn your day around....I can't think of any at the moment (I know there have been plenty acts of kindness my way lately - but as my mind works like a vacuum these days I can't come up with a single one to add!)

Oh dear! Gill xo

Our Park Life said...

oh and I love that image..It reminds me of a time, years ago, when a group of friends and i used our uni holidays to drive around OZ in a beat up old toyota hiace....ahhh, it was bliss!

Gillxo

Tenille said...

Those small acts can make a big difference can't they? Getting back to our car from the airport on Saturday, someone offered to help me get my bags onto the bus. The offer was gratefully accepted.

Joni Llanora said...

Was just at Aldi a few hours ago, and the lady who had a cart full of stuff told me to go ahead. I was only paying for 1 item, a jar of toy soldiers. Totally made my day! Have a great week!

Lizeylou said...

What a lovely lady ... when things like that happen doesn't it just make you feel so happy to know there are kind people in this world.

Cate said...

I saw a women broken down in a turn right lane on Nepean Hwy when a policeman pulled up behind her - my immediate thought was 'oh, don't give her a hard time she's doing her best' when the lovely sweet divine policeman started pushing the car for her around the corner and out of harms way - sooo didn't see that one coming; but you can bet it made me smile :-) xxx

life in a pink fibro said...

What a cool thing to do! Would have made my day too.

~Dawn~ said...

Oh goodness...sounds like one heck of an adventure for the family..with a happy ending. I love to hear that there are people out there still that will go out of their way to help another out.
Have a great day!! :)

Dawn
I have some great giveaways going on at Mom-a-Logues. Low entires.
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

What a kind lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...