Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Variety Santa Fun Run

Image credit
As you know, I developd a relationship with running this year. Lately, I have been pretty slack and failed miserably to get myself out pounding the pavement. I have a million excuses (that seems to run in the family this week), but still keep my eye out for challenges and I happened upon this.

Variety Australia has an upcoming Santa Fun Run (in capital cities this Sunday, 28th November). Although I can't enter this year as I have prior commitments, it is a damned cute idea. A whole bunch of Santa's running 5K all in the name of fundraising for a cause.

Reg is the main man behind the event and you can take a look for yourself if you Check this video link out!

So if you are not doing anything this weekend, why not register in this year’s fun run?

Variety is a national not-for-profit organisation empowering children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs. With the help of dedicated volunteers and generous individual and corporate supporters, Variety, the Children’s Charity is able to offer three core programs: freedom, care and future. You can read more about these programs on the variety website.

I wish I had known about it earlier.
*Reg’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reg-Wilson/150274355018369

Would you don a Santa suit and run for a cause?

PS: Happy Birthday to Mum! I hope you have another bumper day of recovery :)

5 comments:

Joni Llanora said...

I know this. And it sounds fun. My daughter is confused why are there so many Santas. Have a great week!

Rachel said...

I would do it if I one lived in Australia and two I could run .... I am so not a runner any more...its funny cause I use to run cross country in school and was in fact picked to represent my area..now a days if i jog to my mail box Im done for ...but it is sure an awesome idea ..and one that should go on in very country

life in a pink fibro said...

I am so sad that you will not be running in a Santa suit. That's all I can say.

reanbean said...

I do not enjoy running, but would love to run a 5K at some point in my life. I run at the gym on a treadmill, but haven't run outside in years. I came close to running a 5K last spring, but then my running buddy got injured and I didn't have the confidence to try it without her. But this Santa run sounds like a hoot. And running for charity sounds like a nice added bonus.

Happy Thanksgiving!

reanbean said...

p.s. It just occurred to me that with you being in Australia, you're not celebrating Thanksgiving today. Oops. But I hope you have a happy day anyway. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...