Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Can't get enough of...

Image credit
As usual there has been an absolute glut of celebrity gossip in 2010. I have gotten to the stage where I am so out of it that I don't even know who most of the people in those girly mags are referring to anymore.

Like Kim Kardashian. Where did she come from? I mean she (and her family) are everywhere? But why? What makes her so special?

And that Bieber kid? Who is he? Why do we have to see so much of him about the place?

But what happened to the delightful Justin Timberland? Off the red carpet and out of the collective consciousness.

So in 2010, instead of trying to catch up on the past 6 years of goss (note the coincidence of timing? I have been gradually losing my grip on celebrity-dom since the kids made their arrival in my life. Funny that?), I fixated on a couple of people.

My first female favourite in 2010 is Nicole Ritchie (I know. I am surprised too!). From super scrag to super Mum, Nicole has really transformed her image. If she could just ditch the slightly loser-ish (now) husband, I reckon she would be on fire. She is cute. A little bit naughty. But seems to be 'keeping it real' in her designer-way. I dig her.

My other female favourite for the year is Christina Hendricks. What's not to like about that sassy red-head? She's sexy, shapely and terribly stylish. She's bringing back the curve in a major way and seems to have an effortless glamour about her. I like her voice, love her TV show and reckon she is rocking the celebrity world hard.

In the male world, I am love, love, loving Neil Patrick Harris. I always loved him as Doogie Howser and his character, Barney in How I met your mother, is one of the best on TV. The fact that he and his partner are having twins together this year has just brought us closer. A sweet gay Dad. Top NPH!

And my other male celebrity favourite this year is Leonardo Dicaprio. I feel like Leo and I have grown up together. Well he was in Growing Pains like, one of my favourite shows when I was growing up. Does that count? He lost me a bit with his "I'm the king of the world" stage, but this year I have seen maturity in his performances (Shutter Island, Inception) and because he doesn't look 12 any more I am totally loving him. His penchant for dating models is a bit meh, but otherwise I think Leo is sporting the goods these days.

And what about you? Who can't you get enough of in 2010?

10 comments:

Sophie {Red Dust Love} said...

I remember having Leo and Jonathan Taylor Thomas (what ever happened to him!?) on the front of my school books throughout high school! This year though I'm digging Gerard Butler and Asher Keddie (maybe because she gets to pucker up to Don Hany!?)

Maxabella said...

I love Doogie and Christina (of course! She is fab!). I'm not into Nicole Ritchie. I don't like celebrities who are just celebrities for nothing. What exactly did that one do besides get adopted into money and fame?

And I love Leo's recent films, but he still looks like that kid in Gilbert Grape to me...

I can't get enough of that gorgeous little pixie Carey Mulligan and I think this has also been Emma Watson's year. x

Life In A PInk Fibro said...

To be honest, I think I'm over all of them. Could. Not. Care. Less. Total saturation point I think.

reanbean said...

I feel like I'm so far removed from anything that is pop culture these days. I don't watch much TV and haven't seen a movie in ages. I know nothing about Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber but felt proud of myself for at least being able to put their names with a face. I had to Google Christina Hendricks, and still had no idea who she was when her picture popped up.

Perhaps giving up my subscription to People magazine was something I should have thought through a bit more. But then again, my life is still pretty good without it. :o)

reanbean said...

I feel like I'm so far removed from anything that is pop culture these days. I don't watch much TV and haven't seen a movie in ages. I know nothing about Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber but felt proud of myself for at least being able to put their names with a face. I had to Google Christina Hendricks, and still had no idea who she was when her picture popped up.

Perhaps giving up my subscription to People magazine was something I should have thought through a bit more. But then again, my life is still pretty good without it. :o)

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

Neil Patrick Harris rocks my world! I am still devastated that I'm not his type ;)

Blocks and Knocks said...

Because I love your blog so much, I have nominated you for the stylish award! Step over here to accept:

http://blocksandknocks.blogspot.com/

I was honored to receive this and I hope you are too. And thankyou for a little peak into your wonderful world
xx

Joni Llanora said...

We recently got foxtel so now I know who Kim Kardashian is =)

Kymmie said...

I had to smile when I read this post. I too had to ask who the hell Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber were a few months back. How embarrassing. Just goes to show that if you don't take notice, it doesn't really matter! Hubby and I watched Inception just the other night and I commented on the fact that Leo is in so many interesting movies, although I can now see a 'suspense' trend. But still good. I was telling hubby how tall he is, and hubby nearly fainted. I guess he isn't a little boy anymore. My first memory of him was in Baz Lurhmann's Romeo & Juliet. He was fabulous. I remember thinking 'he'll go far'. And well, he has. I love Christina Hendricks because she is a real woman (thank God for her!), but I'm yet to see her act or sing! I'm loving Glee but hardly can get my hands/ears onto it. Geesh, I really ought to watch more telly! There's definitely not enough overkill on any celebrity seeing I hardly get my hands on a gossip magazine or watch TV. Perhaps there's a good side after all!

Okay, I'm stopping my rant now... there won't be room for anyone else in the comments section! Anyway, love the post. Good to reflect on 2010! xx

Busy Working Mama said...

Whenever they said Bieber I swear I heard Beaver. Maybe because his hair reminds me of one. Ick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...