Thursday, 2 December 2010

It is beginning to feel a bit like Christmas

Image Credit
Usually I am all about Scrooge at this time of year. Bah Humbug and all that.

But I am actually a little bit excited already.

Maybe it is the planned trip to Fiji with the fam, my in-laws and s-i-l and kids? (It has to help I know).

Maybe it is the fact that Nugget and Doo Dah are getting older and more into the Christmas spirit?

Maybe it is because I took my own advice and have barred all things "Christmas catch-up" this year and have deferred seeing some people until the new year? What's a few weeks?

Whatever it is, I am liking it.

We kicked off December with the unveiling of the Advent calendars yesterday morning. This year I just bought some from Aldi but I usually do a home made one for each of the kids. The kids are loving the hit of chocolate circa 7am.

Last night we broke open the money-box we have been saving change in for the year, counted the loot and Doo Dah and I are heading off to the shops tonight to get a present for Nugget and the Minx. Next week, Nugget and I will buy for Doo Dah and Dew Drop. They are so excited and have been glued to the toy catalogues for weeks in preparation. Maybe that is why Nugget still can't sleep?

Doo Dah, the twins and I went to the shops this morning (brave I know) to get some final decorations for the Christmas tree as well as some essential groceries. We are tackling the tree erection tomorrow night once the Geege is home from work.

There's a whole lot of Chrismassy goodness going on at our place. What have you been up to?

11 comments:

Maxabella said...

I love Christmas. Love it. x

Jess said...

Yay for Xmas and all things festive :)

I totally agree with the deferring of all catch ups until December. I cant stand it when people pull the "We have to catch up by Christmas" line at the beginning of December. Whats the big rush?!

DancingInTheRain said...

I too have started to feel the Christmas excitement in the winds. Maybe it is hearing the excitment as MiniMe and Goofy discuss Christmas.

MiniMe got a great little thing for Goofy at Australian geographic the other day. Touchable bubbles but they had lots of good little things.

If I dont call it a 'Christmas catch up' could we hang out?! I feel like we are overdue!

Kelly said...

I'm just not feeling Christmas cheer yet. I always have a delayed reaction and do everything last minute.

PartlySunny said...

The kids forced me into decorating as soon as the turkey was cold. I told them no Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. It's tacky.

life in a pink fibro said...

Not enough Christmassy goodness here just yet. Sunday night is the scheduled night for trees and the like - after I get home from the Big Smoke. And the Advent calendar will come out then too - nothing like counting down the 20 days to Christmas...

Jodie at Mummy Mayhem said...

I adore Christmas. Always have. I think because my mum especially made it such a special time of year for me. I do the same for my boys. We get very festive around here. Will be putting the tree up on the weekend, taking our annual family Christmas photo together to send to friends (although this year, I've decided to email as many as I can) and I'll finish off our annual Christmas newsletter! I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping, so I'll wrap some pressies to.

I would buy decoration EVERY YEAR if I had infinite storage space (I most certainly don't).

Excitement plus.

Lucy said...

I am coming back round to Christmas, gradually.

We have the week of Christmas concerts next week, and our tree will go up NEXT Saturday....

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I have always loved Christmas...all the decorations and traditions...but I've had a hard time getting in the spirit the last several years, for several reasons. This year, though, I'm feeling really excited about it all. I think it's that we're staying home for Christmas, and that the girls will get into some of the excitement of the holiday.

Of course I don't have much to show for my holiday spirit...I have yet to put up the tree or do the outside decorations...but I'm hoping that I'll be able to enjoy those things this weekend. I can't wait to see the girls delight at seeing the lights, and of course the tree inside. :)

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

We started the advent calendar as well. I love it. I wish I'd known about them as a kid.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

We got the Aldi calendars too ...one kid ripped his to pieces in 10 secs flat when I turned to help the other LOL.It was repairable.
I love Christmas just not the stress of hosting or buying gifts for adults.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...