Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Plans for 2011

Image credit
I am starting to plan my New Year's Resolutions (NYR) a bit early this year. Most of the time I have these grand plans to crank out 3 NSRs on the gong of midnight on Jan 1 but invariably this never happens. And then I feel a bit like I have missed the start of the race, so no NYRs come to fruition.

There's nothing amazing on my list. And nothing to do with being a parent. It is all about me as a person.

In 2011, I am going to learn to touch-type properly. I am a bit of a hack at the moment (not a two finger typist or anything) and my hands get tired when I have been typing all day long. Which I seem to do a lot in my current job role. So that is my number one hope for 2011.

I am also going to run the Mother's Day Classic (10km).

And I will have at least one full weekend to myself.

I will also read my way through 2 books per month.

Other than that I am anyone's.

Do you have goals for 2011?

11 comments:

Maxabella said...

I love that image!!!

That's an excellent, achieveable list. These days I have a "theme" for the year. 2010 was 20zen, a reminder to slow down and live more in the moment. I think 2011 is shaping up to be a year of embracing creativity (I haven't come up with a pithy "20zen" like slogan yet!!!) x

Jess said...

Jeepers! I havent even thought that far ahead - although its not that far away at all... Eek!

I think my main goal is to learn to sew and just keep my head above water with two littlies whilst making sure I am nourishing the soul (my soul!) :)

Good on you for planning a weekend to yourself. Where will you go? I cant wait to do that one day. I would stay on a Tuscan style Olive Farm (there is a beautiful one in Vic) and eat dips, olives, fresh bread whilst sipping champers and reading in the sun before taking a dip in the plunge pool. Bliss!

DancingInTheRain said...

I have started thinking about this very thing this week. I am going to watch less TV. With nothing must see on for me at the moment I am realising how much more time I have at night to do other things, sew, read, blog... Havent developed it much further than that.
I do like the idea of a theme .....

Gill@OurParklife said...

wow, can't believe it is that time already....

like you, i want to get back into reading, although 2 books per month sounds a little ambitious for me at this stage, perhaps if M2 decides to make "sleeping through the night" his NYR I will be able to hit the 2 a month mark!

Gill xo

MultipleMum said...

LOL Gill. We can always hope and dream :)

life in a pink fibro said...

I don't make Resolutions. Ever. I wrote so many stories about all the reasons why Resolutions are a waste of time, that I took my own advice and stopped making them. It works for me.

Lucy said...

I love the ritual of the NYR. And I love that you are starting now. Your list brilliant!

I have an ongoing list of "things to do" but the New Year is always a time that I really get serious about the planning of one specific task.....

(2007 was giving up chewing my nails, 2008 was weight loss, 2009 was giving up smoking, 2010 was blogging, 2011 will be......?)

Either way, I pick one thing, and achieve it.

Tat said...

2 books per month would be like a dream come true for me, but I don't think it will happen next year. I've been buying books all year and most of them are still untouched... When will I find the time?

Rachel said...

I dont have any as such...but I do have a plan to learn something new at lest every 3 months.... which is pretty much what Im doing at the moment ...as staying at home is killing me

Emma jane said...

:) Woohoo

Megan Blandford said...

Great list. And yes - learn to touch type, you'll never look back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...