Thursday, 23 December 2010

Some things I learned about myself in 2010

Image credit
1. In a life like mine, you have got to find time for the little things and bring joy into the chaos in small ways.

2. Even busy people can find time to read. I got stuck into reading this year and loved every minute of it. The best book I read in 2010 was probably 'The Slap' by Christos Tsiolkas, although 'Whitethorn' by Bryce Courtney, The Millenium series by Stieg Larsson and 'The Life of Pi' by Yann Martel are notable mentions.

3. I watch too much TV whilst eating M&Ms. Mad Men is without a doubt the best show on TV. Love, love, love it.

4. There is a reason people have those 'films I have seen' widgets in their sidebars. It is actually really hard to remember! I reckon Toy Story 3 was the best film I saw in 2010 (disclaimer: I am yet to see The Social Network, Animal Kingdom or the King's Speech, which I know I will love). Was the Hurt Locker out this year? That was a great film. I also really liked the Green Zone, Inception and Up.

5. It is good to have your email address on your blog. You never know who might want to contact you. CSaM if you are reading this, I cannot comment on your blog (there is a permanent error there) so I haven't been able to say 'hi'. So "Hi" and "Welcome".

6. I have gone beyond 'surviving'.

7. Being unkind to people is unforgivable.

8. You are never too old to be made feel like a 'naughty school girl'.

9. 37 year old women with 4 children can still dance the night away into the wee hours of the morn after too many bevvies with friends. I've still got it!

10. I am a crappy correspondent.

11. Salt-reduced foods also contain a lot less sugar than their salted counterparts.

I am leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning for Fiji to spend Christmas and New Year there with my family. Squeee!!

I will be back in early January 2011 with more of And then there were four. Until then, you take care and find the joy :)

What did you learn about yourself this year?

15 comments:

Cate said...

What a great list!! 6 sounds like such an important one to have realised :-) Not to mention 9! And unfortunately I tend to agree with 8 on a fairly regular basis too...

I didn't get to see toy story 3 - meerkat cried the whole way through so I had to wait in the foyer - but Despicable Me was THE BEST EVER kids movie...so funny even I repeat the lines :-)

Have a wonderful break...see you again in 2010
xxxCate

Cate said...

h gosh, make that 2011! I suspect I'll be doing that a lot for the next few months :-) xxxCate

A Farmer's Wife said...

I completely hear you on the busy people can find time to read issue.

I loved your list.

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and hope you and your family have a great time in Fiji. As someone who has the whole family plus extras coming for Christmas I am a tiny bit jealous!

Take care

Bubby Makes Three said...

I love it! And can I even tell you how jealous of your holiday I am... I've learnt a lot about myself this year... including my own limitations!! Got a lot of resolutions for next year!! x

CSaM said...

Indeed I am reading ;) In a non stalker-ish way that is. I wonder why people can't comment on my posts :( Darn blogger. Maybe thats why I get no comments. Either that or people hate me hahaha

On a note completely unrelated to myself. I loved Toy Story 3 as well.

Maxabella said...

Great wrap up, Coo. See you after Fiji and looking forward to my postcards!! x

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Have fun! I didn't know that about number 11. Ditto on the postcard.

Joni Llanora said...

What a delightful list! Looking forward to your Fiji photos! (You may want to pop over my blog for my latest giveaway.)

Tracy said...

I loved your list.

I've just stumbled across your blog from Blocks and Knocks and I've enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Fiji xx

Blocks and Knocks said...

What a wonderful list!!! I'm going to re-read it now and take some tips. have a wonderful xmas. xx

Andrea said...

Great list! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my kids christmas pictures! I hope you and your are enjoying your holiday trip. Sounds like a wonderful time indeed. I am so jealous. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

kelly louise said...

That's a great idea, I think I will make a list like that too. Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Hope you had a very merry christmas and a happy new year is on its way.

Posie Patchwork said...

Happy holidays, wow, Fiji, brilliant!! So glad 37y.o. mothers with 4 children can still dance the night away, that gives me hope for 2012 when i celebrate that happy birthday mark & plan to dance the night away (although i know my soldier will be away at war, so maybe a little jig at home - no, my eldest will be in year 9 she can babysit!!) I digress, have a brilliant 2011, love Posie

Busy Working Mama said...

I have heard good things about Mad Men. Maybe I'll watch it this year! I can only watch TV with a laptop in my lap :) Yes, I have a problem. I admit it!

Rebecca said...

FIJI??? Have fun!

I love #6...entering that stage myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...