I am taking a leaf out of Kelly's book and setting myself something new to do each week in 2011. I am going to post about it each week on Saturday. I won't be doing this in any particular order, and will add the link to the post when it is complete. If I don't manage to acheive everything on the list, (highly likely) I will donate $5 for everything I missed to Oxfam for all the amazing work they do. For a look at the full list, click on the 52 in 52 page on the left hand sidebar.
The kids and I had lots of fun making our family charter which we called 2011 Family Goals chart. I really wanted to keep things positive (not a list of 'no's and 'don't's in line with my commitment to mindful parenting) and it was pretty hard helping the children get the hang of that.
In the end we created these five goals:
1. We keep our hands and feet to ourselves
2. We sit at the table when we eat
3. We speak kindly to each other
4. We look after our toys and each other
5. We have 'inside' toys, games and voices and outside ones
Not a no in sight.
They cover most of our needs at the moment (although I am thinking of adding and un-democratic 'We help Mum whenever we can').
Have you had any joy with your own 52in52 challenge that you want to share?
* If our home-made version doesn't suffice, I reckon I might get me one of these pretties from Harper Grace because it is simply awesomeness.