Monday, 10 January 2011

Carpe Diem

Image credit
I am actually off camping with the family for a few days this week (you know how much we love to camp!). Instead of closing down for the week, I thought I would leave you with something to think about each day.

My mother-in-law gave us this book called Now is the Time: 170 ways to seize the moment by Patrick Lindsay. It is neat. Sister B reminded me that we gave the same book to Sister A when she turned 40 (guess who made that purchase!)

So I randomly opened the book three times for today's post, tomorrow's post and Wednesday's.

Now is the time to...

add spice to your relationship

Make a conscious effort  to honour your loved one.
Start with the little things: a hug, a kiss, flowers, a card a note, a small gift.
Then remember the bigger things: their feelings, their hopes, their dreams, their goals.
Set aside time for each other.
Keep alert to each other's feelings and moods.
Keep the relationship young and fresh.

'How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.' Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

So tell me, how do you add spice to your relationship?

10 comments:

Lucy said...

His love language is time. I turn everything off. Phone, computer, radio, TV. Off.

He feels loved when I spend time with him. A lot of this time is spent talking. But just as much is spent reading side by side.

I am not sure it adds spice as such, but it brings us close.

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Cooking curries? Just joking. I think Lucy is right. Is all about time. For every kind of relationship.

Kelly said...

Reuben and I value spending time spent alone. I know this doesn't sound very spicy, but somehow it is.

Maxabella said...

Time seems to be a common factor. For me it is appreciating all the little things that made me fall in love with him every day. x

The Rhythm method said...

Mr Karen has a long working day and commute - sometimes its hard to find time together, just us two. We like to have 'shower conferences' where we just hang out in the bathroom together as the other goes about their business. Its not exactly spicy, more like glue that binds us back together. Hard not be intimate when you're in the bathroom together.

Frog, Goose and Bear said...

We had that e.b.b. quote on our wedding invitations many years ago, along with the rest of the poem.
Going out for dinner seems to the trick for mr fgb. he loves it! Me, just having him home for dinner is rarity enough and is enough for me.

Kymmie said...

If I help my hubby in the garden, or paint with him, or clean the cars, he's in love more. Can you guess what his love language is? Time and Acts of Service... yes he has two.

Less about us... what do YOU do to add spice to your relationship?

Posie Patchwork said...

Ha, absense makes the heart grow fonder. My teen love, 17 years later . . . every time he comes home from work, course, exercise, training or war, it's a honeymoon all over again. Sure we have 4 children to celebrate with but we have never lost that heart beat skipping passion for each other. Love Posie

Tat said...

Thank you for the reminder, I definitely need it. Off to give kisses now.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Love this post.
By sheer coincidence I wrote a post about Carpe diem today.
I just came upon yours ; via Cate's blog about PIF (came by to see what you were doing).
I am going to see if the library has that book.
The passages are just so perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...