Thursday, 27 January 2011

Complete 180

Image credit
Last week I confessed that I returned to Weight Watchers and faced the scales for the first time in a couple of months.

It was such a struggle to get there. A plethora of excuses:

It is too hard.

I don't have time.

I'll just lose some weight before I go because I am in terrible shape.

I'm going to embarass myself.

The class time is so inconvenient.

It is too expensive.

What I have realised this week is that being brave is worth it. You have to face yourself head on. You have to own your behaviour and be accountable. You can't lose weight unless you actually try.

I am so glad that I got back on the wagon because I have had a complete turn around this week. I have eaten well and after 3 days my sugar cravings vanished (thank the stars because I have been mainlining the stuff). I have been exercising. I have been tracking my food (very anal but necessary it seems). I have been drinking water.

I have been feeling more in control of myself again. And, the best bit, I have ditched the guilt.

I a due to weigh in again tonight. Even if I haven't lost a gram I reckon I will be happy. I found something this week. I found some positive energy and momentum. This is my year.

How was your week?

If you are looking for some inspiration, pop over to Life in a Pink Fibro. Sister A has an awesome giveaway happening to celebrate her Blogoversary! You can pitch to win a 5 week, online writing course from the Sydney Writer's Centre. Now, what writer wouldn't want that?

14 comments:

Kymmie said...

So proud of you. When it comes to weight loss I find the attitude is the biggest thing that has to change. Eating less and better is actually easy once the attitude is right. Good on you (and thinking of you tonight). Cheering you on. xx

The Shrinking Vegetarian said...

I just joined Weight Watchers Online today. Hope it is good. :)

therhythmmethod said...

Isn't sugar a funny thing? The less you have the better I think (says she who has been mainlining it too ... :(
Good luck. I am thinking good things for you. Attitude is everything. x

Jane said...

Good for you, MM. Harnessing our thoughts to think positively is *so* hard a challenge but ultimately worth it. The other thing I have to watch is mindless eating. Oh, and the 'finishing up the leftovers' when I'm cleaning away the pixies' meals. So may traps for young players...J x

Cottongirl7 said...

It's always easier after you start. At least thats what I tell myself. Hope it goes well for you. I've got to stop eating the little peoples food. They are constantly craming it in my mouth and most of the time I just eat it. My jeans are telling me enough is enough. :)

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Its awesome that you are feeling so positive about your return to WW! I hope you had a great WI!

Lucy said...

Music to my ears. its the getting going that is the mental battle. Once your momentum is set...easy. xx

x0xJ said...

I'm so proud of you!
I think you've fund the key right there, being ok with maybe not losing weight or as much as you hoped, but that it's more important about how you FEEL.
You can do this!

Posie Patchwork said...

A few good weigh ins will keep you motivated!! I take the gym seriously, it's an appointment, i don't break them, i consider them as important as going to any other appointment, plus the benefits & fun, ahhh, gym love!! Love Posie

PlanningQueen said...

Hope the weigh in goes well! Sounds like you have the right attitude. I am like Posie with the gym. I have set days that I go and if my husband needs to leave for work early ( I go in the mornings around 6ish) he needs to let me know as soon as possible, so I can make it another time.

Maxabella said...

I must say you were rocking your togs yesterday... you will get there so soon!!! x

Krystal said...

Thanks for the comment. I started the New Rule of Weight Lifting for Women just before I decided to go for longer distances in my runs. I stopped that program and am just doing some exercises with weights. I just go through exercise tv's on demand and pick a couple workouts for the week. I try to get in about 45-1 hour of strength each session. But every little bit helps. Good luck if you do decide to run further.

Kelly said...

Way to go, I am been making the same excuses myself for months time to take action!

A Christy Production said...

I was recommended to come over and see your blog because I have just started WW too! Maybe we can share notes down the track. This is the first time in my adult life I've taken weight loss seriously and blast it's hard! So far, and it really hasn't been very long yet, but so far the toughest thing I've found is how discouraging people are. They think they are helping but they're just making it harder for you. The food thing I can handle. The anal retentive point counting and planning and buying of food, I can handle that too! Sometimes people just suck!

Anyway, look forward to reading more posts in the future ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...