1. Michael Douglas has throat cancer. When he stepped out on the stage to a massive standing ovation to present an Award, I said to the Geege, "God he looks awful. He looks kind of grey like a Cancer patient". The standing ovation went for a while and I said "Man. What has he done to deserve that?" (I am not a fan, can you tell?). Next thing, I google him and oops, Stage 4 Base of Tongue cancer. Inoperable. Treated with a combination of raditation therapy and chemotherapy. Ouch! He is not long for this world, which is terrible.
2. Natalie Portman is pregnant! She stood up to accept her Award and I said to the Geege "Either she is pregnant or... oh yes, she is definitely pregnant. Who is she even dating?". All was revealed in her speech. She looks fab and will make a lovely Scrummy Mummy.
3. Nicole and Keith have had another baby. Born on December 28, 2010 via a surrogate, Faith Margaret is their biological child (Thank God they didn't call her Tuesday or something equally naff). They sure kept that secret (well from me anyway!)
4. Ricky Gervais is a very funny man (who may be out of a job after last night's controversial comments including inferences that all Scientologists are gay). The best quote of the night for me though: "I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist". Classic.
5. There were some absolute doozies out there in the fashion stakes. Michelle Williams looked dowdy in her beige flower arrangement (which is a real shame because I love her). Hayden Panetierre was flashing her nipple-covering band-aids, which, let's face it, is not a good look. But it was January Jones who was the absolute worst for me. Fabulous hair and make-up but the frock? She looked like a complete tart. Oh Betty. What were you thinking? Her co-star, the delectable Christina Hendricks (see photo above) totally nailed it. But I would only expect that of her.
*Or this is nothing new to the average bear but I learnt a lot.