Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Seek advice...

Image credit
I wonder how you are spending your day today?

I am still camping with my family and some friends. Four adults and seven kids (we are always outnumbered these days). We are up the Coast, camping at a property owned by another couple of friends. We haven't been to their place before so it is all about exploration of the unknown; a definite adventure.

Hopefully it is not raining, but as it always rains when we camp, I am suspecting we have seen some droplets.

Today I will be thinking about my final randomly selected message from Patrick Lyndsay's book, Now is the Time.

Now is the time to...

seek advice

It must be from a respected source, and balanced against your own knowledge and instincts.
But seeking advice brings may rewards:
it honours the giver;
it enhances the receiver;
it creates perspective

'Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.' - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

I am going to see if my friend K can help me sort out my exorbitant spending at the grocery store. What are you going to seek advice about?

7 comments:

Photographer Mum said...

I am going to spend my day with some special one-on-one time with my little Buddy (Fin). And the seeking advice? I think I am going to seek advice for some storage solutions, we're in dire need of them...

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

Hmmm. Not sure. Carpet cleaning I think.

Kymmie said...

Seek some 'how to relax' advice. So far I'm on holidays and struggling! xx

DancingInTheRain said...

How to remember people's names! I too often let time lapse so that it is too awkward to ask their name again. With MiniMe starting school this year I need to seek advice!

Maxabella said...

I put my 'help' post out last week and so much great advice came back. It was great. x

Busy Working Mama said...

I like the image! I spent my day glued to a computer at home, working while my husband played babysitter. We got 5 inches of Snow Sunday night and then it iced over so we've been trapped at home. I'm going stir crazy. We tried to drive out and nearly slid into a ditch this afternoon. What fools we are!

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

I'm with Kymmie, I need to sought advice on learning to chill the eff out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...