Monday, 3 January 2011

Tabula Rasa

Image Credit
Don't you just love the Tabula Rasa-like feel of a new year?

You feel like you can make things new and just start over. I mean, technically you can do it anytime, but you have more commitment at the beginning of the new year. It is like starting a diet on a Monday.

I have been brimming with ideas and writing lists all over the place.

A new menu system for the family.

A new organisation system for the toys.

A big clean out of the 'baby' toys now that the twins are two (and donation to the local charity shops).

A new family rule chart.

A new approach to managing 'screen time'.

Achievable craft activities for the kids.

New marketing strategies for the Geege's business.

A commitment to mindful parenting.

A return to regular running.

All plans and strategies. All offering something to make life easier and better. All contributing the happiness and congeniality of the household. I promise to share as the year goes on.

Happy 2011!

How are you feeling on Day 3 of 2011?

10 comments:

Lucy said...

You echo so many of my thoughts.

I have an urge to clean the oven and read Flylady...

Happy New Year...xx

Busy Working Mama said...

Happy New Year, mama!! I spent today de-cluttering, cooking and cleaning :) I'm trying to keep my running going, but with year-end reporting season coming up, it's going to be tough. We can do it, though, right?! :)

Rachel said...

Im feeling very positive...and with an air of excitement around me ... sounds like you have it all under control with the lists ... :)
Happy New year

reanbean said...

What a great list! I've got a similar list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2011 too. No one thing is all that spectacular, but I know achieving any of those things will feel like a major accomplishment.

I'm the kind of person who makes lots of lists and goals throughout the year too, but there does seem to be somethings special about the things I pledge to accomplish at the start of a brand new year.

Happy 2011!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Wow - now that's what I call a plan! Fabulous!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

I need to do the toy thing too. I'm not brave enough yet... I am working towards it though!

Cate said...

That's one seriously comprehensive list you've got going there!!
Nice work! Can't love a good list enough :-)
xxxCate

Maxabella said...

I'm feeeeeeeling good... Nina Simone. We are so the same. I am a flurry of lists and intentions too. Spring cleaning the new year. x

Maxabella said...

PS - I have no idea what a Tabula Rasa is so I will have to google it. x

MultipleMum said...

@Maxabella: You don't remember the term from Piagetian theory from our Psychology days??? Oh. That's right. You were playing pool at the bar. Tee he.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...