Wednesday, 26 January 2011

You know you are Australian when...

Image credit
I read this on Facebook tonight, written by a mate I went to school with and it made me laugh*:
"You know you're Australian when... you can decipher "yeah nah". Your mates are Shazza and Dazza. You're goin' down to see Acca Dacca and get Maccas in ya trackies. You once lived in Woop Woop, your mate's XF Falcon died in the arse and you understand no wuckin' furries is a good thing!"

I hope you had a very happy Australia Day everyone. We did!

* If you are not from around here, please feel free to let me know if you need a translation!

5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I wish I could think of a really southern way to say, "Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about!"!

As my mom used to say, "I don't think she's from the south," said in a whisper, as if in shame. Hahaha!!!

therhythmmethod said...

I love "yeah nah". Happy aussie day. :)

x0xJ said...

hahaha.
Hope you had a wonderful day!

Becky said...

Hahaha...I totally need a translation! I love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I wish I were in your neck of the woods to run some races! I've always wanted to go to Australia!

Kelly said...

haha, hope you had a great Australia Day. We spend it by the BBQ at our friends place ☼

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...