|Image from here|
I started this blog as a record of life, my thoughts and life's little lessons. Since entering the blogosphere, I have now accumulated more words of wisdom, interesting snippets and 'must-reads' to keep track of. It is a mind-field! Blog Bookmarks is a place to highlight some of my favourite finds for the week.
Either way, I only had the following things jotted in my terrible script on my conference program:
1. It turns out that one of the women I went to school with is a bloody fantastic green blogger. "Tricia from Little eco footprints". I hadn't come across her world before the conference but I had fun in there today. It is only the second time I have seen her in 20 years (she was present at our school reunion last October) but I look forward to reading about her daily.
2. "Watermark your photos" - I have been meaning to do this and it was mentioned a few times throughout the day but a number of people (including Miscellaneous Mummy who had quite a harrowing story to tell!). There are some instructions here.
3. "Focusbooster" - Nicole from Planning with Kids spoke about her ways of dealing with time management and social networking. She referred to a free software called Focusbooster which is based on the pomodoro technique and helps you stay on top of things when online. She really is the PlanningQueen!
4. "Key words" - I ventured to the SEO session and learnt a bit about Search Engine Optimisation from Kristin Rohan from Sassy SEO. It is a tricky business, and one that is constantly changing. The biggest thing that I took away was the importance of using keywords in your posts and titles. All the cryptic headers that I like to use may have to become a thing of the past if I am to rise to the likes of Retro Mummy or Styling You.
5. Frills in the Hills provided the best quote of the day for me: "Make money because of your blog, not on your blog". Here. Here!
6. "Facebook provides more referrals than Twitter" according to Catherine from SquiggleMum and Christie from Childhood 101. If and when I decide if I want to out that Facebook page together (something on my 52in52 list), I will look forward to that!
So help me out if you were there. What did you learn at the ABC?