|Image from here|
They won't you know.
Yesterday, instead of having a daytime nap, here's what the twins got up to:
1. Learned how to climb in and out of their cots (argh! I hope they will forget again)
2. Knocked their fan over
3. Threw teddy bears all over the room
4. Unpacked and threw the contents of their daycare bags all over the room
5. Requested cups of milk
6. Chatted and giggled amongst themselves
7. Cried and called out that they "need"ed me and
8. Sat in their cots singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star together
I am pretty good at ignoring two year olds who think they know better about their need for sleep than I do, but I have to say that the singing hooked me in. How could I possibly resist two little sopranos, helping each other out through a verse of this beautiful nursery rythme?
They didn't disappoint. They sat facing each other, smiling and singing like no-one was watching. Only I was. I was.
What antics do you have to put up with from your sleep-avoiding children?
PS: I am helping the holidaying Maxabella Loves out this weekend and hosting the Grateful Linky. Drop by later and join in the fun.