Friday, 15 April 2011

Celebrating six years of parenting!


It's Nugget's birthday today. We have been opening presents, bowling, eating pizza and bushwalking with a cast of thousands to celebrate. It has been everything that a child's birthday should be. Carefree. Loud. Fun. Sugar fueled. Shared. Enjoyed.

I have been a parent for six years today.


Six years since I last 'slept through the night'.

Six years since I last went to the toilet on my own.

Six years since I left the house on my own, with just my wallet in my hand.

It seems like such a long time and a blink of the eye.

Happy birthday to my special big boy. You will never know how much you changed me; grew me. I will love you until the day I die, and then some. x

12 comments:

Lucy said...

Y'know how some blog posts just make you grin? This is one.

xx

Photographer Mum said...

Happy Birthday Nugget! I saw them in passing at the shops on wednesday with the Geege.

Yay for 6yrs of being mummy!

Alice Becomes said...

im with lucy, this made me smile
congrats on the first six years...you are double my mummy years, the mummy in me just turned 3

happy birthday nugget!

gill xo

Tammi said...

Happy six years to your both and to many more to come :)

Cate said...

Happy birthday and congrats on 6 years!!!
I once worked out how many dinners I had cooked since having kids - don't!

xxxCate

Lizeylou said...

oh ... to be able to just walk out the door with just your wallet - those were the days!

In saying that I am sure you wouldnt change a thing (I wouldnt either!) Happy birthday - hope you love your Ninjago!

Megan Blandford said...

Happy birthday, Nugget!

therhythmmethod said...

Aw Nugget, April is a good time for a birthday. Happy birthday, and congrats on this parenting milestone. xo

Salamander said...

Happy birthday Nugget!!! April 15th is an awesome day for a birthday - my Jack was born on Nugget's first birthday!! xxxx

allison tait said...

He looks so happy with his Lego. x

MaƱana Mama said...

Wonderful post - happy birthday to your boy! But, please do tell me that after six years they sleep through the night?! Because I've only made it to three and I'm knackered!
~M

Kymmie said...

Happy Birthday Nugget. But more importantly Happy Anniversary to you. You did six years. And gosh, if anyone needs a medal pinned to their chest, it's you. You are amazing. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...