Saturday, 9 April 2011

Some things from the week...

Image found here
1. I don't care how many inservices I have attended on 'hand hygiene', experience tells me if one child gets a stomach virus and you live in a small house, chances are the other kids will get it too (and your husband. The mother is not allowed to be sick and hence refrains. For now).

2. Incendiary means 'capable of causing fire'.

3. There is a national move in process to combine the Vocational Education and Training and University sectors in Australia.

4. Some people just don't get it. It doesn't matter how hard you work at teaching them, or how relevant it is to their lives, sometimes they just don't get it.

5. When I don't 'diet', I snack a LOT at night. I have changed that this week and am feeling much more in control.

6. Crime and Punishment is brilliant.

7. Sometimes bad things (like children vomiting in the car) lead to good things (like Mum's finding the time to clean and vacuum the car).

8. I feel pressured by my newspaper subscription. Definitely a Sun Herald only kinda gal.

9. I believe in karma. On the week that I have done even more washing than usual (I didn't think it was possible!), I won some washing powder over at Lucy's. Thanks x

10. I think pyjama pants should be allowed out of the home.

So tell me, what are your things this week?

10 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh my week changed focus quickly to throw a Handmade Hen's Night & teach hand sewing, it was awesome - happy to teach you how to hem your trouser leg!! That & things like my 3 youngest bringing home a dozen ribbons at the athletics carnival, high school assignments, orders, cleaning, life & lots of extra phone calls from my husband, glee!! Guess what - we don't use antibacterial hand wash in this house & shock horror, no vomiting bugs, colds or coughs, i'm grateful!! Love Posie

Muddled Up Mumma said...

Thanks for teaching me the meaning of incendiary! Totally agree with you on point 4. Great to have found your blog!

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

ahhh, love your point one...we have been swamped with pesky tummy bugs.

I learnt that when the health dept rings to quiz you over these tummy bugs and I am asked what the girls had for dinner 1 month and two days ago how routine my life must be as I can clearly remember...

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

mummy fiercest said...

1.Very true, and there is no hand sanitiser to kill the air born bug.
2.I did not know that, learnt something new:)
3.Yes, found that out when enrolling in uni
4.No they really really don’t
5.Late night snacks are my downfall
6.I have aimed to read Dostoevsky this year, I enjoy Tolstoy, something about those Russians
7.I like that you found the silver lining, you are a more optimistic person than I :)
8.I can not remember the last time I purchased a newspaper I rely on the web too much
9.Congrats on your win
10.They should! I would live in my flannels

Lucy said...

Late night snacking is so delicious and so bad for me.

I am on a self imposed restriction of fruit only after dinner....

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

So hoping your lovely little family is feeling a bit better - vomiting bugs are awful, especially when you're chief cleaner-upperer.

I too am a late night snacker. And because I bake (a lot) there's always delicious goodness in the house. It's actually one of the reasons why I bake a lot with fruit. At least there's some health element in there somewhere.

And so glad you're liking Crime and Punishment; Dostoevsky is on my list to tackle this year. Will you review once you're done?

Happy weekend! x

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

That newspaper subscription pressure was too much. I couldn't handle it. Stop!
Sorry to hear that your family had the dreaded 'bug'. It's been a beast going around.

Maxabella said...

I think I prefer the Sunday Tele all around. It's not about the news on Sunday.

I'm happy that you managed to conjure up a good thing (if cleaning and vacuuming a car can be considered good) out of your hellish week. x

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I'm a weekend paper girl and usually manage the SMH and the Sun Herald, but this week I have three neatly wrapped newspapers (SMH delivered in two parts) awaiting my attention. I think I'll read a book instead.

Kymmie said...

I love The Age here in Melbourne, but their Sunday paper is. the. best.

Being a PJ girl, I agree with you totally.

Plus a clean car is pretty awesome!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...