Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Mariah, Mariah, Mariah...



I have left it a few days but, nope, it still isn’t working for me. Mariah Carey! What were you thinking? Moroccan and Monroe? Are you serious?

I thought Princess Mary made a big enough gaff with her Prince Vince and Princess Jo! How can these celebrity multiple Mums be getting is so wrong?

She sort of followed the rules of naming twins. Sort of. She got the matching first letters (which also match herself which is a bit naff). She found something meaningful for her. Monroe is named after her idol (I think Marilyn would have been a better tribute. No?), and Moroccan after the room styling in her NYC apartment. Hmmm… Not sure I would want to be the one explaining that to my little boy.

But there is something so Posh and Becks-esque about it.

They say money can’t buy taste, and once again we see that ‘they’ are right.

I wish the Cannons all the best settling into the world of newborn twins. They may sleep again in the year 2017 if my experience is the norm.


So tell me, what do you think of Mariah’s name choices? What little nicknames will we give them? Humphrey and Norma are my choices…


__________________________________________________

Oh, and BTW, I was nominated in the Kidspot Top 50 Bloggers 2011! Please click on the picture to cast a vote for me :)









21 comments:

Jane said...

Nodding in Hobart, MM! I'm still getting over Mary's choices (especially Vincent!). As for Mariah, well, I wish her only the best. I'll leave it at that. And congrats on the big nomination. Bravo, my friend! J x

Sophie said...

They are horrid names! I had forgotten to google their twin's names, so thanks for sharing! Good luck to those kids!

Suzi said...

Sigh... It's sad isnt it. God help us if Gwenyth Paltrow has twins, Pear & Quince arnt names any child should bear.

Andrea said...

Nope, not a fan of those names! I also voted for you! Good luck!

Frog, Goose and Bear said...

Those names truly are ridiculous. Let's hope they get nicknames that will be easier on them. Already voted for you ;) Congrats on being in the top 50!!

SaraMG said...

you can't even tell the gender of the twins by those names! That's taking "fancy" to an absurd level, definitely not a good choice...

Tammi said...

What was she thinking???
Nope, definitely not to my liking.
x

Elizabeth said...

Vincent reminds me of old men in nursing homes ...
I didnt expect much better from Mariah and I think the Cannons will be sleeping just fine... now the Nanny on the other hand.
Great post.

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

Indeed what was she thinking! A highlight of my night last night was meeting you! It was great to chat and see you are even more fabulous in 'real life'. xoxox

Diminishing Lucy said...

Foul.

Un-ewe-sual & different they may be.

Noice, they are not.

I have twin sibs. Born in the early 1960's before trendy was trendy. Clare and Charles. Normal?

They were & still are as totally individual, despite traditional names....

xx

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

p.s - you have my vote!

Baby Weight and Beyond said...

Terrible names! Why oh why can't they just have normal names!

Photographer Mum said...

Seriously?!! Why do celebrities do that to their kids?? My brother had a dog called Monroe, and it was male. And Moroccan? After a room in their house? Something is just so not right there!

Be A Fun Mum said...

I voted!

Maxabella said...

You're surprised? x

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

I'm still laughing - absolutely ridiculous names!
As for the not sleeping until 2017 - I'm thinking army of nannies. I guess it's the celeb thing to do, huh?
x

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

A last name and a nationality. Awesome. Gag.

therhythmmethod said...

The woman is a train wreck. It was all down hill after 'Emotions'.
Nicknames: Roc and Roe. Ha!

Mama of 2 boys said...

Wow! I had actually missed that news. But dear oh dear, taking it a bit far I think, Mariah! Poor kiddies. The problem with those names is, I have no idea if they are boys or girls names or one of each. Well, that's not the only problem, but it's a start!

spikeygolightly said...

My guess is they'll be Roco and Rory before they can hold the weight of their own heads. Otherwise,sadly, Childline will be the only option.

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I think Moroccan is the worst of it. It's a description, not a name. It's like being called Grecian. Or Lilliputian. Or SoHotRightNow. Suckable. Even Posh didn't call her kids Parisian, New Yorker and Lover. Am shaking my head over the whole thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...