Monday, 2 May 2011

Some recent things

Image found here
1. It is a sign of the times that Pippa Middleton's butt has an appreciation page on Facebook with more than 30,000 members.

2. No-one really does pomp and ceremony like the Brits.

3. Thank God for Jessica Marais's style and grace at the Logies in that gorgeous white frock. She is the prize rose of Australian TV if you ask me. Asher Keddie didn't look too shabby either ;)

4. Chrissie Swan was a stand out on Big Brother when she was a contestant (the only series I ever watched I might add in case you picked me as a fan) and her smile lit up the screen last night as she confessed to being a bag of "hormones with a hairstyle". I've never seen her show but I am going to check The Circle out!

5. The fact that Leo Babauta from zenhabits.net just turned 38 makes me feel like I have an awful lot to accomplish in the next three weeks!

6. Speaking of turning 38, I am totally back on the final push to the finish line of my weight loss journey. Wish me luck as I drink litres of water, run the soles off my shoes and overdose on soup and salad as I kick my ass down to 70kg street!

7. I am still using honey facial cleanser and made Tammi's washing powder recipe and am loving the results. Frugal and eco-friendly. What's not to like about going "a la natural'? (pun intended)

8. My latest 30 day challenge is not bringing ANY new plastic bags into the house. I am pretty good when I go to the supermarket but even still, I have a cupboard full of the seagull killers. They make great bag liners but I reckon I have enough for a lifetime. I'd love you to join me if you want to?

9. If anyone knows how to get ink stains off leather couches, please share! Dew Drop is testing his inner-artist on media other than paper. Needless to say, I am not particularly happy with his latest choice! The walls were bad enough...

10. The only thing worse than a toddler is two of the blighters!

So, what is your thing?

13 comments:

Diminishing Lucy said...

Chrissie's series of Big Brother was the only one I ever watched as well. I watch the Circle to iron too a few times a week - she is quite brilliant - I even voted for her in the Logies!

The plastic bag thing - SA is bag free. No shops give you a bag at all - it is BYOB all the way. (Target sell you proper cornstarch compostable ones which are brilliant - they decompose with in days.) Me and my enviro bags are never parted.

Did you get all that Guardsman stuff in the goody bag from AMB? It seemed to have a whole stash of leather cleaning stuff in it?

xx

Andrea said...

I have to admit I am a huge fan Big Brother! I have only missed one season. Of course I have to DVR every show I watch, so I can watch them in my own time slot.

Awesome about the no plastic bag commitment!

Bummer about the leather couch. That sucks!!!

Cate said...

My only suggestion for the couch is baby wipes - seems to fix everything else!
xxxCate

Suzi said...

Oh no, not the leather couch! My daughter got to the kitchen cupboards with permenant marker recently... sigh...

DancingInTheRain said...

I have been trying to get moths out of the pantry ...came across something that suspiciously looked like mice poo!

Hope all is well with you!

Sam-O said...

On the leather couch - shock horror I know but good old Gumption works a treat. A friend has butter yellow (why?) couches and she uses all the time.

Alice Becomes said...

I have heard that off milk can get ink stains out....not sure what you do to get the smell of off milk out though! Rub on a little lemon - doesn't that get rid of bad odors? I clearly have no idea what i am talking about and this is beginning to remind me of the old lady who swallowed the fly song so I will leave you there

Gill xo

Alice Becomes said...

I got sidetracked and forgot to mention that I completely agree on Jessica Marais - love her and Asher Keddie too.

And can not believe that Pippa's butt has its own FB page, with 30 000 members???? Guess there aren't any "does my bum look big in this?" days over at the Middleton house

Gill xo

Mama of 2 boys said...

Agreed. Love Jessica Marais, beautiful girl. Also I really like Natalie Gruezlewski (I know that is not how you spell it) from Farmer Wants a Wife/Getaway etc... she is a delight.
I'm a little taken back about Pippa's "booty" facebook page, what the??
Good on you and your weight loss journey, as someone who has been working to rid themselves of 23kgs of pregnancy weight, I can relate to how hard the yards are.

AC Quigley said...

I'm with you on the plastic bag thing. I bought a reusable 'sack' but I tend to fill it too much and end up dragging it to the front door!

Thank you for dropping by my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

shae said...

Inspired by your plastic bag challenge!

Leah said...

I really like Chrissy, she's a beautiful classy gal :) I have only seen her in passing since BB but always appreciated her when I do.

ps - i really love your blog header!

Seana Smith said...

AAarrghhhh... don't mention the the two toddlers... sends a shiver down my spine. Mine are five now but I can remember the full horror....

But I met a mum at school last week who has twins in Year 5 and triplets in Year 3... so felt I ought to cut out the whinging!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...