|Image from here|
My hat goes off to people who officially 'co-sleep' with their children. I say 'officially' because we unofficially do it. Barely a night goes by when one of the fabulous four doesn't weazel their way into our bed. One. Or two. Or three. But never four.
Doo Dah likes his own space.
Have you noticed? Having a child in your bed is akin to handing over 95% of the mattress space so that you and your usual bed partner squeeze onto the remaining 5%.
At which point you leave them to it and sleep on the couch.
As was the case last night for me. One twin horizontal across the bed, the other's head tucked so tightly under my husband's arm with his legs spread-eagled across the bed, leaving space for me, where? Exactly?
If I didn't love them so much, I reckon I would have put them out the front door last night with all the shenanigans that went on prior to us relenting and letting them into the bed.
What is their problem anyway? I sure don't need a special invitation to sleep.
Do you have bed-hogs at your place or are you one of the lucky ones whose kids stay put in their own beds? Are you an 'official' co-sleeper? How do you get them to co-operate?