|Image from here|
But because I am such a task oriented person, I made a point of getting on with some things this weekend so I would have something to show for myself. I am pleased to report that:
1. The kids and I went geocaching on Saturday. Boy was it fun! A little bit of bush walking combined with treasure hunting resulted in a whole lot of fun, powered by an iPhone App. Even the whingiest child can't go past being the 'holder of the iPhone' (after Mum had memorised the map) so it was an incredibly peaceful, adventurous day out!
On the downside, we only managed to locate two out of three of the targeted trinket boxes (we lost internet connection in the heart of the Galston Gorge) AND did battle with a colony of bull ants (parenting dilemma: whose little legs do you save first?), but the excitement of hunting and locating things in our beloved bushland far outshone the mishaps. Team Four 100% recommends you give it a try.
2. I set up a Facebook page for And then there were four. You can pop over and 'like' me there! I have been 'umming' and 'errrring' about it but thought, 'why not?'. So it is done. Make sure you let me know what you would like to read more about as I cut my teeth over the next couple of weeks.
3. I have been reading and reading and am well on my way with my 'Read 2 books a month' item.
4. The twins had their half birthday this weekend so we went out to the drive-in with the kids on Friday night. (I think I only have one more movie now until I have seen six for the year). Team Four 100% recommends that you go and see Cars 2 at the drive in. We had the absolute best time ever! Happy Birthday Minx and Dew Drop!
5. I have some dates and appointments next month so I will be crossing off another two items at least! Stay tuned for details...
And so, at this 'half way there' week of the year, how are you going with your New Year's Resolutions?
* And just because it is 'that time of year', check out this post from last year on how to set Financial New Year's Resolutions.