Monday, 27 June 2011

52in52: Who has been a busy beaver?

Image from here
I am coming to the half way point of the 52in52 challenge. At this point in time I have many items to go {and I am absolutely failing to post about this every Saturday (oops)}so lucky there is another 26 weeks!

But because I am such a task oriented person, I made a point of getting on with some things this weekend so I would have something to show for myself. I am pleased to report that:

1. The kids and I went geocaching on Saturday. Boy was it fun! A little bit of bush walking combined with treasure hunting resulted in a whole lot of fun, powered by an iPhone App. Even the whingiest child can't go past being the 'holder of the iPhone' (after Mum had memorised the map) so it was an incredibly peaceful, adventurous day out!

On the downside, we only managed to locate two out of three of the targeted trinket boxes (we lost internet connection in the heart of the Galston Gorge) AND did battle with a colony of bull ants (parenting dilemma: whose little legs do you save first?), but the excitement of hunting and locating things in our beloved bushland far outshone the mishaps. Team Four 100% recommends you give it a try.

2. I set up a Facebook page for And then there were four. You can pop over and 'like' me there! I have been 'umming' and 'errrring' about it but thought, 'why not?'. So it is done. Make sure you let me know what you would like to read more about as I cut my teeth over the next couple of weeks.

3. I have been reading and reading and am well on my way with my 'Read 2 books a month' item.

4.  The twins had their half birthday this weekend so we went out to the drive-in with the kids on Friday night. (I think I only have one more movie now until I have seen six for the year). Team Four 100% recommends that you go and see Cars 2 at the drive in. We had the absolute best time ever! Happy Birthday Minx and Dew Drop!

5. I have some dates and appointments next month so I will be crossing off another two items at least! Stay tuned for details...

And so, at this 'half way there' week of the year, how are you going with your New Year's Resolutions?

* And just because it is 'that time of year', check out this post from last year on how to set Financial New Year's Resolutions.

12 comments:

Diminishing Lucy said...

I have "liked" you. Not that I didn't before, but you know what I mean...

Cars2 at the drive in is on the calendar for us next weekend - we saw it at the fancy cinema last week and the kids LOVED IT (and so I have relented and said yes, we can go again, this time to the drive in.)

Cate said...

Wow you're doing very well!! I'm coming up to my 100 days to go post so was thinking much the same thing about where I was at with my goals and new years resolutions (not as good as it should be - so something to work on at least!!)
xxxCate

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

Have heard lots of good things about geocaching - and I love the idea of going on a real treasure hunt :)
Well done on your list!

x

therhythmmethod said...

I've been busy too, just catching up on all the things I've been a bit slack with since having Boy 3. He's 1 now, so I figure there's no excuses and I just need to get on with it.
As to the new year's promises to myself, I'm doing OK. I could do better. I need to firm up a better routine for term 3.
The only resolution I've been spot on with is blogging. Blogs are SO good for keeping you accountable. Pity they are also a HUGE time suck.

Kelly said...

Your weekend sounded jamed packed with fun xo

Naturally Carol said...

I do like you..just not facebook very much..lol! The family at 'Taylormade' love geocaching too, it sounds like great family fun. Have a fantastic holiday week!

Petra said...

I only read about geocaching recently, but wasn't sure how big it is in our area. Will defnitely have to try it now!

Megan Blandford said...

Oh, lots of fun! I've been over and 'liked' you on Facebook :)

Cathy said...

I've only recently started my blog FB page too...just hopped over and "liked" you :)

Sounds like you have been very busy - sounds like lots of fun!

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

What a great week!

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

busy, busy Mumma! I am intrigued about the iphone geo thingy and am heading over to look at more. Off to like you some more in the world of fb now.

xoxox

Happy day.

Kellie.

Michele said...

thanks for the tip re geocaching app. Been on my To DO list for ages but youve given me a kick up the bum to go for it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...