Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Lose 5kgs in 30 days update

Image from here
After spending the last 10 days diligently following my food plan, exercising, and drinking truckloads of water, I braved the scales today.

I have been feeling good, once the initial caffeine withdrawal from the Coke zero addiction had worn off. This low GI, high protein eating keeps me fuller for longer. I haven't had a real sense of feeling 'hungry' since Day 2 when I ate all my rations by midday and had to last the afternoon by sipping water and counting the minutes until dinner.

The daily exercise has been hard to squeeze in. I have had a few 8km runs, a game of Futsal, but mostly I have been relying on my 30 Day Shred DVD (Thanks Jillian Michaels). I catch glimpses of myself in the windows as I jump up and down in the lounge room, usually in my bra, PJ pants and socks, and wonder if I haven't lost a few marbles. Does losing the plot actually equate to grams on the scales?

I have been organised. I have been healthy. I have not faltered.

I have lost 2.5kgs.

Well on my way to being shredded. Well on the way to losing the last 5kgs. Well on my way to feeling in control of my eating. Already feeling a glimmer of positive body confidence.

I just need to keep the momentum.

How are you going? What are the biggest contributors to your success?

17 comments:

Cate said...

Nice work MM!! You have every right to feel proud of yourself. Such a great effort.
(and I'm so glad you said 'food plan' not diet!!!)
xxxCate

Tork said...

my weight loss aint going very well.. infact, it isnt going at all. need to hit the gym, grrr! :-)

- tork

Kymmie said...

In 10 days? That is SO impressive! You're well on your way. And this is one very big incentive to keep going!

(Must have been losing those marbles which helped, ey?)

I haven't braved the scales, but my cargoes are definitely loser, and I think I almost have a flat stomach. Snap!

xx

Kymmie said...

Oh, my biggest motivators? The picture of me BC on the fridge, AND the new gym routine that is killing me!

therhythmmethod said...

Well done! I started this week, but Mr Karen has worked late every single night, so I've had no chance of exercise. I'm eating healthier, but there's still much room for improvement.
Very proud of you MM. Love your work :)

Miss Mandy said...

High five to you, that is awesome.

Tat said...

Fantastic! I'm usually pretty flat with challenges until I get the first results and then I'm more motivated to keep on going. Hopefully it will work for you, too. Good luck with it.

MultipleMum said...

Oh Kymmie I can only dream of a flat stomach! Good for you.

Yes Tat. I hope I can continue... I want this...

I hope you have success Karen. Try to think up ways to keep moving.

Come on Tork! You have got this!!!

Thanks for the support Miss Mandy and Cate xx

Mum on the Run said...

That's just brilliant.
I hope you are motivated by your terrific results.
Well done!
:-)

InkPaperPen said...

That is AWESOME! Go you.

I haven't made any progress. In fact I think I may have gone backwards. MM is away and M2 has given up sleeping. When I am sleep deprived my will power is weak - I ate 2 chocolate biscuits for breakfast. Terrible!

x

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Well done!! You're inspiring me.

Diminishing Lucy said...

OH! That is brilliant! WELL DONE! Don't you love it when a plan comes together?!

My self talk is my biggest issues, and like you, gathering momentum and maintaining the pattern...

xx

Mel said...

Awesome effort - 2.5kg already is fantastic! Well on the way to meeting your goals.

I've been doing well too - haven't braved the scales as yet (and I'm 5 weeks into my return to the gym) but I'm down at least 2cm all over and my clothes are fitting so much better, plus I feel better - which is the ultimate bonus isn't it?!

My motivation is keeping it fun - I do classes at the gym on 3 lunch breaks a week and my sisters have joined with me - so we're keeping fit and having fun together. One of my sisters has 30kg to lose and is already about 5kg down and looking fab. :)

Cherie @ 'a baby called Max' said...

Oh wow!!

Go you good thing ;)

You've motivated me :)

... For that, I thank you xx

Vanessa said...

Good for you!
I am inspired. I am starting the program on Monday so I am excited to hear your success. I am really looking forward to it and in the planning stage.

Jodie Ansted said...

That's great work, well done!

I need to do the same. So many pants I'm pulling on lately are getting tighter and tighter. I refuse to go buy bigger clothes just because I'm being a lazy sod and not eating right. It's all about health..and I don't feel I'm living a healthy lifestyle at the mo!

A great motivator you are!

x

Miss Pink said...

You are amazing!
Look at you go! Thats MASSIVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...