Friday, 19 August 2011

Weekend Rewind - The frugal living edition

Last week's Weekend Rewind was all about beautiful. Lots of things inspired your beautiful posts: Grandparents; children; rainbows; friendship; and spouses. Just to name a few. I am still thinking about this amazing post by Joanna Cannon. It absolutely tore at my soul.

So this week we are going on a completely different track. Something practical. It sure aint sexy. I have had a tough week of juggling money and I want to know more about how you do it. Have you written about the way you save money? Or how you plan your meals? Or making your own beauty products? Or other ways you have made your life more simple and therefore less commercial? I would love you to link up your posts about "Frugal Living" so we can all learn something new.

So if you are prepared to get started, the rules of this meme remain the same each week. All you have to do is become my friend, if we are not already acquainted, then link up a post from your archives and get reading and commenting. The more comments the merrier. And don't forget to Tweet, Facebook and/or Stumble your favourites to share the joy with other readers. Try to add a link back to me in your posts so that  we can expand the reach of the Weekend Rewind.

So I will get us started. Something from the depths of my archives (never seen by human eyes before): Money Matters #4: 10 Simple Savings tips (Oh yes! I did a whole series of these beauties when I was decluttering my home finance magazines).

Now let's see yours...

* I am still away on my badly organised mini-break. It will give me great pleasure to return on Sunday to read your posts. I will rely on all of you to comment, Stumble, Tweet and Facebook to your hearts content in the meantime...You know you want to...

7 comments:

hearts_in_asia said...

Looking forward to reading all these over the weekend. I am the Queen of Recycling! No, not really, but I do aspire to be.

Maxabella said...

I only have the one ever post about frugal living and it was a pretty sucky post, but here you go... x

allison tait said...

Thanks for your comment - I will send you a copy of the book. One of the benefits of being related to the author...

therhythmmethod said...

OK, so I joined in anyway. I hope I'm not stretching the theme too much. Writing is free? Are you with me? ;)

Joanna Cannon said...

I've only just read this, you're so lovely ... thank you so much! I don't think I have anything frugal related, but really looking forward to reading everyone's posts x

Kylie Ofiu said...

Thanks so much for hosting this! There are some great posts. I look forward to reading them.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

The great thing about this is that it will inspire me to write a proper post about frugal living :) Meantime I've put up a post about job hunting and 'enforced' frugal living!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...