Friday, 26 August 2011

Weekend Rewind - This time last year... edition

Last week's Weekend Rewind was all about frugality. Thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and tips. Between us we know an awful lot about money management and simple living (if only I had you all with me when I am balancing my budget!). Clairey Hewitt's post Invest, Save, Live was the standout for me. Simple ideas to keep future bright while the present remains fun. 


This week's theme was inspired by none other than the dreaded Facebook. I got this little message that was an old status update from this day last year and it was really fun to remember the day that was. So this week, I want you to dive into your archives and bring up a post from this day last year (or thereabouts!). If you are yet to blog for a year, perhaps you can just use today's post? 


So if you are prepared to get started, the rules of this meme remain the same each week. All you have to do is become my friend, if we are not already acquainted, then link up a relevant post from your archives and get reading and commenting. The more comments the merrier. And don't forget to Tweet, Facebook and/or Stumble your favourites to share the joy with other readers. Try to add a link back to me in your posts so that  we can expand the reach of the Weekend Rewind.


So without further ado, here's mine: Blog Bookmarks week ending 27th August (I did a whole series of these).


Now show us yours...

18 comments:

Diminishing Lucy said...

I too have been giggling at my archived Farcebook updates...great idea! Xx

Melissa *Suger Coat It* said...

My nearest post was the one I linked, the 28th August. Lucky too because the next closest was an angst ridden TTC post {30.08.10}. And I feel like all I ever do is link those types of posts. What a downer of a party guest!

Soooo, good news is, this is a fun one.

Becci Swan said...

I didn't think I'd been blogging for more than a year as it was an on again off again affair (more regular now), but funny that there wasn't another one after http://beccibird.blogspot.com/2010/07/stalling.html for about 7 months! Consistent I am not. BTW love your blog and your to do list is alot like mine (in my head). Also our boy (8 yrs) is nicknamed Nugget too! AKA Dogboy, Pocket Rocket and Knucklehead (we stopped that one after he was old enough to know what it meant!). p.s. your linky wasn't working for me so that's why I included link to post into this comment.

Kymmie said...

Ah yes. What were we doing a year ago? I was blogging EVERY day. I think my addiction was in its prime around then.

Not like these days. Lucky if I blog once a week. So slack! Have a great weekend Coo. xx

Naomi Hart said...

thanks for this linky link lady, jeez. this time a year ago i was pregnant and practicing...pre-labour for weeks and weeks before she finally turned up! ah, the memories, have a great weekend! xx

Maxabella said...

What a fab idea! That was fun. My post is a bit revealing of the stupid things that occupy (pun!) my mind from time to time... x

EmmaK said...

Brilliant idea! My post is about how I could have been a lesbian living in Syndey

Glen said...

not played this or hung out here for ages - must try harder :-)

Danger Boy said...

Had to settle for close...I hadn't really found my stride a year ago!

♥α§ђ£ε¥™♥ said...

Since I'm 9 days from my blogaversary....can I use my first post? I mean, it's really close...super close...it would be my intro to the rewind thing too...>.< interesting way to start!

~Ashley~

Miss Pink said...

I'm surprised I had one! Yay me!

I haven't been getting those Facebook things. Thankfully!

Mrs Woog said...

Excellent Topic Mrs Multiple xx

A Farmer's Wife said...

Oh - haven't had my first blogoversary yet so had to link last nights post. Which makes me sound like a shallow bimbo. Oh well.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Check out my link (& latest post) for something else to do with your celery sticks (re your last post)! Personally I'm partial to having them stuffed with cream cheese or peanut butter, not sure if that is very diet like though....

Kelly said...

This week I join the fun over here for the first time on rewind. It was nice to go back in time to see what my blog was doing this time last year xo

♥α§ђ£ε¥™♥ said...

It was so close I went ahead and added it >.< really rewinding...next week is my blogoversary, will be interesting to see what I will rewind to then!

Anonymous said...

Your point is valueble for me. Thanks!

My blog:
rachat credit revolving rachat de credits

ZippyZippy said...

I've linked up, but missed the link up deadline :(
Will have to be quicker next time
Hope you have had a nice weekend,
Jacqueline.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...