Sunday, 25 September 2011

Only fat people use vending machines, 30 Day challenge: wrap

Image from here
I know I have been very quiet about the 30 Day Challenge. After a flying start, I fell off the wagon. Hard.

I don't know what happened exactly. For two weeks I was going along nicely. I planned my meals, shopped to the plan, and ate to the plan. I exercised every single day for 14 days straight. I was feeling wonderful and positive and even a little bit thinner, even if I was eating celery sticks.

And then, I went to a party, had a few too many drinks, missed a training session, backed-up with an indulgent BBQ, came down with a virus for a few days and that was it. I never went back to the program. Every day I tried to motivate myself and every day I kept telling myself, "I will do it tomorrow".

Tomorrow never came (surprised?) so I am here to confess say that at the conclusion of my 30 day challenge, I only lost a total of 1.4kgs. I am disappointed with myself, not only because I couldn't complete the task I set myself, but because I still have the bloody 5kgs to lose. Dull.

All is not lost. I have increased my regular exercise to three times a week. I ticked two things off my 52in52 list - exercise every day for 2 weeks and go without coke zero for a month. I increased my protein load at lunchtime. This has meant that I haven't been as peckish in the afternoons, so haven't found myself eyeing off snacks while waiting at the train station at 5pm. Have you noticed that only fat people use vending machines? It is never the tall, leggy blonde, let me tell you that for nothing.

So I have made some positive changes this month. Only not enough of them. I reckon if I could stop myself eating M&Ms and drinking bundies while watching the Rugby World Cup matches, I might be reporting a better outcome right about now.

I really think the planning is the way to win the battle of the bulge (which probably explains why I fall short all the time). Planning and just keeping on keeping on. I am back on the wagon tomorrow (for real).

But it isn't all about me. How did you go with your weight loss challenge?

9 comments:

Seana Smith said...

Oh, not to worry, 1.5kilos off is 1.5 kilos off. I must say that I never try to lose weight fast... it's never worked well and never lasted.

Can I highly recommend a book called 'The Good Enough Diet' a must read for good enough mums... all about trying to remove the 'all or nothing' ideas about dieting.

I write today as someone who has lost a few kilos over this year... but none today since I had a box of chocolates for brekafast, it felt like Christmas Day. Yummy!

danneromero said...

Eating right is just too hard, sometimes. I ran/power-walked for an hour yesterday on the treadmill.... Then spent my evening eating a pint of coffee ice cream!

Diminishing Lucy said...

Just keep that 1.4kg off and then resume when the mood strikes...

It's all I can do at the moment. Slow and steady wins the race, for me at any rate...

You will get there.

xx

therhythmmethod said...

So true! Healthy people are healthy people. There are a few freaky thin people who eat whatever they want and never have to exercise to look lean. But most of us need to lay off the vending machine.
Good luck MM. You fell off the wagon, but I never really got on the wagon in the first place. You'll get there. Just be consistent. Do what you can. It'll come off, just keep moving. x

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

A loss in a month is still a loss. You'll get there.
A cheese platter was in the wrong place at the wrong time yesterday at a kids party. half a kilo of cheese later...

Vanessa said...

At this rate you will be 5kg thinner for Summer so just get back on that wagon and lose another 1.5kg this month. All good. I am into week three and lost 2kg in first two weeks. We had a few social events this week so I will be happy to plateau.

Lib said...

Agree with all of the above - it's better to have lost the 1.5 than to have gained it in a month :)
I've always had the urge to trip the thin girls over when I'm on the treadmill next to them sweating like a porker and they're texting and striding along effortlessly!!!!

Miss Mandy said...

I said to my husband the other week, tomoz I'm going to try and eat really healthy and lose a few kilos. He said "mmm haven't you said that like 50 times already this year" Thanks for that!
Yes I have, and I hear you, it's hard work. I am just not in the head space even though when I see photos of myself I am disapointed with my appearence, I know what I need to do, yet......... don't be too hard on yourself, it appears it's a battle fought by many.

Kymmie said...

I had been wondering how you went! Sorry to hear you didn't lost more than 1.5, but still it's 1.5 lost, not gained! (Always the bloody annoying Pollyanna!)

I've lost over 2kgs, but on my way. Turns out not eating sugar is the easiest way to lose weight!

So, I'm sticking with it, and am going to lose this weight before my 40th. That's in two days. So perhaps I'm being a little TOO optimistic?

Anyhows... still cheering you on! (Even if you are cheering on the rugby with a few drinks and M&Ms!) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...