Friday, 16 September 2011

Weekend Rewind - Most surprisingly successful post edition

Last week we rewound the posts that got absolutely no comment love the first time you aired them. They were posts we all thought were a bit comment worthy, but for some reason...crickets. I have to say that I enjoyed my weekend reading immensely. Sometimes it is just about timing, isn't it?

This week's Weekend Rewind is all about that post that you banged out in five minutes (or whatever), never expecting much and, for some reason, people liked it. You got comments; lots by your own standard. Sure the post was good but it was surprisingly more successful than you thought. Maybe it was a little bit cheeky? Maybe it was a little bit funny? Maybe it was a little bit controversial? Maybe you have no idea why?

So if you are prepared to get started, the rules of this meme remain the same each week. All you have to do is become my friend, if we are not already acquainted, then link up a relevant post from your archives and get reading and commenting. The more comments the merrier. And don't forget to Tweet, Facebook and/or Stumble your favourites to share the joy with other readers. Try to add a link back to me in your posts so that  we can expand the reach of the Weekend Rewind.

I'll show you mine... The Homecoming.

Now show us yours

13 comments:

Mel said...

Can't believe I missed last weeks, but I have entered this week. One of my 'standard' posts managed to become a bigger hit than I expected - me blogging about my daughter on her 2nd birthday. Who would have thought?!

Jaimee Hunter said...

You're a rockstar! I wasn't even sure which one to post. Funnily enough, the one I posted last week went viral (and that was the first time I have ever been able to say that). However, it received no comments. This one received the most comments but was barely seen. Go figure. Have a good weekend!

Alex aka WHOA MUMMA! said...

I'd love to have one go viral lol!

InkPaperPen said...

Can't believe I missed last week's either - I would have had a great choice!

I didn't have many comments on the one I am linking today but it was one of my first posts to get more than 5 which was very exciting at the time.

danneromero said...

hi mum... just an FYI... the link i posted didn't get comments - or maybe only one - on the blog.. but on facebook.. i made people teary-eyed

which, by the way, how do you get people to follow, and to comment?.. that seems to be a dilemna of mine...

danneromero said...

oh, just checked..

did i link wrong?

... it was supposed to be my post... bill, my brother...

opps!... i'm still learning...

Diminishing Lucy said...

I am loving this theme! I am late, but still here...

xx

Maxabella said...

Way too many to mention. I am genuinely surprised by many of my posts.

Great linky topic, Coo. You are on fire. x

♥α§ђ£ε¥™♥ said...

Mine was surprising because I was like wait...how many hits??? No frikken way!

It was me on camera

All you Aussies can hear my *American* accent and swoon over it

However I don't sound Texan

Sorry to disappoint

It's probably the camera aspect that drew all the hits, but still, it was surprising how successful it was, because at that time my most successful post had been about bluebonnets, because people kept searching for images of bluebonnets or meaning of bluebonnet and landing on my blog. *smh*

Seana Smith said...

Hello there, I am ever so late to the party, caused by partying too late last night, I must admit.

Anyway, I get heaps of hits (for me) on this post, it must come up on Google... but no comments at all... and it, like last week's... feels lonely. xx

Erin said...

Linked to a post that I quickly typed out one night, and received lots (for me) comments. I decided women love talking about exercise and de-cluttering:)

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

My party posts get the most page views on my blog, but I've had almost 2000 hits on this one since I posted it a few months ago. It is a winner of a recipe...

Halina said...

Lovely idea! Thank you for this link up! It's such a fantastic idea! I'm Halina, by the way - your new follower!

Have a lovely Saturday night :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...